LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Love Love Love BF 2142

mattias

at last i bought BF 2142, wwwoooaaahh, i just fell in love with the cursed game.

everyone who like BF2, MUST buy this game, its avesome.

you climbe very fast in your rank and you gets unlocks really fast.

you can registry on the veteran program, if you do that you get a higher rank from the begining (unlocks, etc), thats cool !

here`s the adress ( just fill in your nicks and passwords):

http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/veteran.aspx

here is some new weapons;

namnlscv8.png

1kb4.png

2hc8.png

ps. wondering when the webside for the stats is finished ?

pss. its NO spyware in 2142, DICE explained that some days ago (end of story)

Edited by mattias

pss. its NO spyware in 2142, DICE explained that some days ago (end of story)

###### it seems some stuff doesn't get thru your skull... Lets switch to simple phrases:

Battlefield 2142 displays - in game - region localized adds on billboards. Therefore it qualifies as ADWARE.

Battlefield 2142 tracks the player behaviour facing these adds. (how long a player watches the adds) Therefore it qualifies as SPYWARE.

Read the EA/Dice statement slowly...

EULA exerpt:

By installing and using the Software, you agree to: (i) the transfer of the Advertising Data to servers located outside your country of residence and, if applicable, outside the European Union; (ii)the collection and use of the Advertising Data as described in this Section; and (iii) the delivery of advertising and marketing content by the Advertising Technology. IF YOU DO NOT WANT IGA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, OR TRANSMIT THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, DO NOT INSTALL OR PLAY THE SOFTWARE ON ANY PLATFORM THAT IS USED TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET.

ps: if your definition of Spyware is information stealing... you got it wrong... it's the word TROJAN you want to use. Battlefield 2142 is not a trojan.

ps: if your definition of Spyware is information stealing... you got it wrong... it's the word TROJAN you want to use. Battlefield 2142 is not a trojan.

Well it does come in to your computer disguised as something else that makes you think it's safe... so I guess it could be considered a trojan.

Nah... you are aware of pretty much every piece of cr@p it's doing on your PC. Unless you are swedish and believe that DICE and EA are nice. :)

So I would not qualify it as trojan... (in the way of a wooden horse statue bringing the fighters inside the citadel)

I would like to see it hacked by some script kiddie... just to display a pron live feeds on gigantic billboards on all the players all around the world.

I bought and played at Battlefield 1942 and some extensions... the crappy patches and poor multiplayer gaming there prevented me from installing the 2 licences of Battlefield 2 I got with my mobo and graphic card.

Battlefield 2142 will stick to Battlefield 2 profile... STAY ON THE SHELVE.

I refuse to buy BF2 untill they make it GeForce 4 Ti compatible.

I am certainly not going to pay for some more EA **** with spyware in it either.

If they don't screw up as much as they used to... *gazillion patches*... the adware/spyware will not need more than 5 patches to work correctly.

ok, let say that you have some spyware in 2142, what harm can it do then.

i have not feelt anything wrong, like slower speed, less gaming-power , etc.

i also not found any spyware/adaware when i scan my laptop, with tex adaware.se / spyboot / nod32, etc.

as long my laptop perform like it should, its ok.

Edited by mattias

So you don't get it... go figures. The spyware (program that spies your behaviour) is inside Battlefield 2142... when the game is off, it's not supposed to spy on you.

I doubt any "anti-spyware" solution will ever delete BF 2142 from one user hard drive. That would trigger an instant trial from EA.

I doubt any "anti-spyware" solution will ever delete BF 2142 from one user hard drive. That would trigger an instant trial from EA.

That would be one trial I would like to see. :) :)