LaptopVideo2Go Forums

BSOD specific to VAIO?

avardar

I hava a VAIO (fs series) that has /2ghz centrino/1 gb of ram/and 128 mb go 6400 with turbocache.

I have this serious problem:

whatever&whenever I play (quake4,doom3,warcraft3,oblivion) I kept getting this error message after crashing and seeing the BSOD:

"The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates."

I tried many drivers from 70x,80x, even 90x but it didn't work.

These three issues about the problem confuses me the most:

*crashes occur in a random manner, sometimes 5 minutes later, sometimes 1 hour later after I launch a game (i.e. it is not a heat issue).

**a friend uses another laptop that has the same turbocache technology (most of the vram is shared with the main memory, mine is 128/32) but it didnt crash so far.

***in some crashes I do not see the BSOD, but the screen goes black and the only thing I can do at that monemt is to pull the battery out

Anybody had similar problems with the 6200/6400 series? pls write to me