LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Enable old NVIDIA Control Panel in new ForceWare drivers (>95 series?)

zipper

it works :P

But now i have a problem:

I want to test it for you, but i wanna back to the new control panel, i deleted the .reg file en also deleted it in the registry, but the new control panel isn't coming back :) :P

EDIT: it is fixed, my new control panel is back :) :rofl:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Running the first registry key file breaks the control panel page from even showing up in the more recent 97.46 and 97.52 drivers for me, resulting in a rundll process crashing.

You can run the new control panel via its executable so it's not deal-breaking.

Running the second registry file posted will bring back the new control panel, and stops the dll from crashing. Basically things go back to normal, this way.

It's a shame... the latest Vista drivers are pretty bad, feature-wise, since they're missing all but two pages of settings in the control panel. I really need aspect ratio fixes and Max Frames to Render Ahead tweaks.

Maybe the 100.x drivers will have them... I'm about to try out the latest mobile 100.40 release.

EDIT: Okay, good news: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....pid=47102

Edited by strider

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, they bring back the classic control panel but it still only has the 3 basic options the enw contral panel does :)

I need screen adjustment :)

• 2 months later...

Black hole...

but reuploaded now.

Just stumbled on this thread, and the old cp reg file is awsome, I use it, thing is, I was wondering how do you get the new cp back.....I don't see but one place to d/l a reg file and that's the old one.

is there a value in this reg I can change to re-enable the new cp?

is there a value in this reg I can change to re-enable the new cp?

Well, forgot that it disappeared also, going to upload it again. It's there, upper in this thread.

• 2 months later...

ContextUIPolicy to 1 (old) or 2 (new) is sufficient I think (see the .reg file posted above). Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

The reg file for enabling the old cpl does not work for me at all, but the new one does put it back, i did install the latest drivers from Nvidia's site, just installed Vista RTM Ultimate. Any idea's?

I just need the color correction options because my monitor is going out and cannot get a new one for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest keeperofpudding

i would love to use this so that I can get the render ahead settings which are missing in the new control panel.

however when i switch (successfully) to the old control panel, it forgets that I have SLI... and acts like I only have one video card.

XP pro SP2

driver 162.18

2x Gforce 7600 gtx

• 1 month later...
Guest elukka79

HI!

Could this great tweak be modified so, that the SLI menu would be available too?

Now it informs, when accessing sli settings, that the "second GPU should be installed to.." etc.

SLI is enabled though, but it´s settings are not.

Guest Nyuszika
The reg file for enabling the old cpl does not work for me at all, but the new one does put it back, i did install the latest drivers from Nvidia's site, just installed Vista RTM Ultimate. Any idea's?

I just need the color correction options because my monitor is going out and cannot get a new one for a bit.

Yes me too need the color correction options! I NEED DIGITAL VIBRANCE ON VISTA! PLEASE HELP!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nyuszika

ANSWER FOR COLOR CORRECTION: IF NOT NEED AERO PLEASE INSTALL XP NVIDIA DRIVER THEN ENABLE TRAY ICON THEN RIGHT-CLICK THEM, THEN COLOR CORRECTION SEEING! NON-PROBLEM IF 1,0 WINDOWS EXPERIENCE INDEX RATING HAHAHA

• 2 months later...

Well, I just tried with the latest drivers (169.21.) It worked at first, giving me the original control panel with all of the original options it used to have including custom resolutions and etc. However, it only works one time. The moment I close the control panel it switches back to the original. From then on, I can't get back to the old control panel even if I try reloading the registry key. I really want the old version back because I miss features such as actually being able to see what temperature my GPU and ambient are for the video card (they force you to use nTune now, but I find that nTune can't even always see my GPU temperature and never can see my video card's ambient temperature -- having just recently replaced a video card where the memory had issues, I really like to keep an eye on this too though...) In fact, I haven't actually seen any features in the new version yet that I need.

hi, i tried thie first .reg and it worked fine for me until i wanted to add a profile for 3D settings, rundll crash

and the second thing: i dont see AA 16x and 16xQ in the old panel, the new one shows this aditional 2 modes

any ideas?