LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ACER 4001 LMI bios

miceic

Hello to everyone,

Can anyone tell me if that would be possible / clever to upgrade my bios to "ZL1H4S05.wph - for ACER 4010" from my

Acer TravelMate 4000 BIOS Version: 3A10 by phoenix???

I need to change it because my USB ports does not recognise half of my evices..

Tried everything else!!!

Many thanks

Mike

Does Acer have an updated firmware on it's website stating that it fixes USB issues.

USB is a pretty crappy technology... some devices don't work if they are not plugged at the bus root. Try plugging the device into another USB port. I have a portable photo storage that is not recognised by 2 of my 6 USB ports.

Thanks mate,

I tried every single usb port. No chance.

The devices are 100% functional (checked on different comp)!

M

This usually happens if the USB device has no own Power Source. Probably your ACER's USB ports don't offer the needed power for the device :)

Some devices also pollute... I had an USB mouse that prevented mass storage devices to work properly. Try to boot USB naked... then try your burner alone.

I meant boot with no USB device plugged... then try the burner alone on the USB bus.