LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MXM III X1800

Andreas.CY

I currently own a Fijutsu Siemens Amilo Xi 1546 with the X1800 256 VRAM. The laptop supports MXM type III and from what i read Mobility Raderon X1800 series comes with a max 35 TDP (Thermal Design Power), i was wondering which MXM type III card has equall/similar TDP for a future swap if needed :) .

Also do we have information on an upcoming new MXM type or we may see the future DX10 cards fitting in the MXM type III.

Thanks in advance!

I currently own a Fijutsu Siemens Amilo Xi 1546 with the X1800 256 VRAM. The laptop supports MXM type III and from what i read Mobility Raderon X1800 series comes with a max 35 TDP (Thermal Design Power), i was wondering which MXM type III card has equall/similar TDP for a future swap if needed :P .

Also do we have information on an upcoming new MXM type or we may see the future DX10 cards fitting in the MXM type III.

Thanks in advance!

Nothing I can get right now :)

No need to swap anything anyways, the x1800 is still a ###### fine card. If all goes well, even DX10 cards wil trickle through to my pockets eventually :)

Nothing I can get right now :)

No need to swap anything anyways, the x1800 is still a ###### fine card. If all goes well, even DX10 cards wil trickle through to my pockets eventually :)

Thanks Ice-Tea, i know X1800 can hold for now pretty well and i dont intend on changing it anytime soon :P

Will DX10 cards be supported by MXM III? any info on that?

Thanks Ice-Tea, i know X1800 can hold for now pretty well and i dont intend on changing it anytime soon :)

Will DX10 cards be supported by MXM III? any info on that?

nVidia is still promoting MXM, as evdinced by the fact the press release pictures of the 7950GTX were of the MXM format.But it all depends on the manufacturers.

• 2 weeks later...

X1800 is great without the words, but there is information about X1900 in futur XI1556 from Fujitsu-Siemens. Any possibilities to see it in your shop Ice-Tea?

X1800 is great without the words, but there is information about X1900 in futur XI1556 from Fujitsu-Siemens. Any possibilities to see it in your shop Ice-Tea?

It hasn`t been confirmed anywhere. I`ll get the 7900GS before the x1900 for sure.