LaptopVideo2Go Forums

geforce go 7950 gtx drivers?

Guest Brad

I just received my hypersonic cx7 with a go 7950 gtx card. I installed Windows XP media center and the oem drivers. The only difficulty occurred when I tried to install the graphics drivers that were included. I only got as far as "nVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." This was repeated with the geforce go driver from nvidia, and then with multiple versions I tried from Laptopvideo2go (after replacing the inf as instructed). I checked the bios and it identifies the video card as the go 7950 gtx. Using the 'have disk method' I installed version 8478, but I had to force it to use the 7900 gtx driver (no 7950 was listed). I realize the 7950 is a 7900 with an increased clock speed. Are there no drivers for the 7950 specifically? Which is the best version that I should install (I plan on playing oblivion for now)? I've spoken with my tech support and they haven't been much help. I've already performed a search of the forums, and didn't find a recommended driver for the 7950, only for the 7900. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

It seems that you have an issue with your keyboard... your return key seems to be dead.

Run the NERD tool and post the result. (search the forum for the link to NERD tool)

Guest monster
I just received my hypersonic cx7 with a go 7950 gtx card. I installed Windows XP media center and the oem drivers. The only difficulty occurred when I tried to install the graphics drivers that were included. I only got as far as "nVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." This was repeated with the geforce go driver from nvidia, and then with multiple versions I tried from Laptopvideo2go (after replacing the inf as instructed). I checked the bios and it identifies the video card as the go 7950 gtx. Using the 'have disk method' I installed version 8478, but I had to force it to use the 7900 gtx driver (no 7950 was listed). I realize the 7950 is a 7900 with an increased clock speed. Are there no drivers for the 7950 specifically? Which is the best version that I should install (I plan on playing oblivion for now)? I've spoken with my tech support and they haven't been much help. I've already performed a search of the forums, and didn't find a recommended driver for the 7950, only for the 7900. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hey man... I'm having the same prob. I just got my new Dell XPS M1710 with Geforce Go 7950 GTX. I had to format my comp cuz I wanted to put Windows XP Pro on instead of having Windows Media Center. Anyway.. when it came to installing my video driver I had the extact same problem. That stupid arse hardware message comes up and won't allow me to install. It won't even allow me to install the drivers from my Dell drivers cd. So basically I did the same thing as you. Oh I'll let you know that if you download the new 93.71 forceware drivers with the modded inf it comes with an actual Go 7950 GTX driver. So that's what I'm using for now. Just download the newest forceware drivers off of this site with the modded inf file and everything will be fine. Oh actually with this new modded forceware package I didn't even have to force install the drivers. Once I overwrited the inf file the drivers actually installed themselves by using the setup program. Every modded driver package before that I had to force install.

So hope this helps. Let me know what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

lv2go_blind.png

Do you see the driver download link... right next to it.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest markin91
Hey man... I'm having the same prob. I just got my new Dell XPS M1710 with Geforce Go 7950 GTX. I had to format my comp cuz I wanted to put Windows XP Pro on instead of having Windows Media Center. Anyway.. when it came to installing my video driver I had the extact same problem. That stupid arse hardware message comes up and won't allow me to install. It won't even allow me to install the drivers from my Dell drivers cd. So basically I did the same thing as you. Oh I'll let you know that if you download the new 93.71 forceware drivers with the modded inf it comes with an actual Go 7950 GTX driver. So that's what I'm using for now. Just download the newest forceware drivers off of this site with the modded inf file and everything will be fine. Oh actually with this new modded forceware package I didn't even have to force install the drivers. Once I overwrited the inf file the drivers actually installed themselves by using the setup program. Every modded driver package before that I had to force install.

So hope this helps. Let me know what happens.

Hi. PLease someone help me. i have an alienware m9750 with 1 9750gtx videocard. i have driver from alienware.com but it is old. yesterday i installed crysis demo. on optimum settings everything is high, but it not works good. i tryed to download the forceware for crysis, but it didnt work. the i tried to download the driver for 9750gtx but there WASNT. just 9700 gtx. i downloaded it, but it didnt work too. please someone help me.

Guest markin91

Hi. PLease someone help me. i have an alienware m9750 with 1 9750gtx videocard. i have driver from alienware.com but it is old. yesterday i installed crysis demo. on optimum settings everything is high, but it not works good. i tryed to download the forceware for crysis, but it didnt work. the i tried to download the driver for 9750gtx but there WASNT. just 9700 gtx. i downloaded it, but it didnt work too. please someone help me.

• 2 weeks later...

try getting the card model right and speaking proper english m8

Guest go950gtxprobs

Not too tough to read, having the same problem.. so here's a translation.

"Hi. Please, somebody help me out here.

I have an Alienware m9750 laptop with 1 geForce Go 9750 GTX video card.

I have the latest drivers from Alienware.com for it, but they're still old. Yesterday I installed the Crysis demo, and optimum put everything to high, but it's still a bit laggy. Other games (Gears of War, Timeshift, Bioshock) recommend I get the new drivers - so I follow the links to nVidia's website for the forceware, but they won't work. The games still work, but they put up the warning and I have a feeling they'd run better if I got the new drivers.

When I try to install them, it says "The nVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Any advice?"

Funny that I spent $3500 on a laptop that won't let me update to the most current drivers.

When I try to install them, it says "The nVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

FAQ, Forceware updater's quickstart guide:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=9243

SLI problems need additional info (if ever resolved...)

• 2 months later...
Guest DeLorean

I'm having a problem with my Go 7950GTX as well. Every time the laptop resumes from standby or logs in after starting up, the screen dips to black several times. While this is not a terrible issue in itself, there is more. About half of the time, after resuming from the dip to black, the display will switch to the secondary monitor signal (conveniently LOCKED at 640x480 res, less than a quarter of the primary signal's res).

I somewhat-resolved the issue by installing the 169.25 WHQL driver for the 7950GT. The computer no longer dips to black, and the new nvidia control panel allows me to disable the GPU from keeping the secondary monitor on standby.

However, the display driver occasionally (maybe 1 time out of 10) crashes in the place of where the dips to black used to be. The driver is also unable to handle TES IV: Oblivion. I haven't tried other games yet.

nVidia offers NO DRIVER SUPPORT for the Go series on their website. It seems like they've pretty much abandoned it.