LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What is the best laptop to buy?

Guest LouisCeifer

Guest LouisCeifer

Back once again for advice?.I have a pain in my left nad with my alien-wary laptop (Area 51m with allegedly upgradeable graphics card!) I would like to know what?s the best laptop on the market to buy today?.ANY manufacturer besides alien-wary. I use my laptop for applications like 3d studio max and for gaming so I want something that?s pretty high spec?preferably with nvidia sli graphics and 3gb+ ram!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Given your requirement... get a desktop computer. With the cash you save get yourself a nice mid level laptop with a 7600 GT that will do the job on the go.

Sounds like a job for a desktop really, though if you really want to go all out and buy a $3000-$4000 laptop, go for it. I can't really think of any companies that really offer exactly what you want though.

With SLI, battery power is killed so you're going to have to be plugged in anyway, so save yourself the hassle and the money and grab a decent desktop.

Guest Louis Ceifer

Thanks for your replies....my fault for not explaining myself properly in my first post!!! My situation is that I am originally from Ireland but I am living in Spain so I use my present laptop (here in Spain) mostly for 3d Architectural work, but on visiting Ireland I use the laptop for playing games with my brother (not a chance he would let me stay with him if I didn?t play!!!). So I never really need to use the laptop without it being plugged in and I do have another two desktops here in Spain in case I need to set up a small render farm. Basically I want the best of both worlds?a laptop that will be good for games and still useful for 3d work?.don?t really care about the power consumption or the weight, have become used to hauling my existing laptop on and off the plane and that almost weighs more than my girlfriend!!!! So once again thanks in advance for your advice and apologies for not explaining myself properly in my first post!!!