LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVIDIA GeForce Go 7200

triado

Hello, I just got this new notebook HP Pavilion dv6000z, and its crashing every time i play HL2 and CSS! I have an AMD Turion 64X2 and my nVIDIA card is GeForce Go 7200 256MB. I tried to get Drivers and they all say that they are not compedebol with my system. Please help!!! Thanks!

Head over to the FAQ section and read the gaming trouble shooting.

It looks like Valve Source is giving a lot of TurboCache users some troubles.

Head over to the FAQ section and read the gaming trouble shooting.

It looks like Valve Source is giving a lot of TurboCache users some troubles.

Yah but you see i dont know what driver will work for me, and i want 90's version of nVIDIA. So im kind of tired of installing and deleting the drivers, because they dont work. My videos BIOS right now is

5.72.22.49.90 and my Force Ware version is 86.19. I dont really know what driver i need but the Steam tells me that i have a low or old version BIOS and Driver and thats the major problem of the crashes.

Then install the lastest driver available for Windows XP... find yourself a nice Video BIOS and upgrade.

• 8 months later...
Guest chris
Then install the lastest driver available for Windows XP... find yourself a nice Video BIOS and upgrade.

I think the problem is he can't find the latest driver, because I can't either... It doesn't exist on NVidia's site and I've tried a bunch of different drivers from obscure HP tech support websites and elsewhere and nothing works. Does anyone know where to get geforce go 7200 drivers?

I think the problem is he can't find the latest driver, because I can't either... It doesn't exist on NVidia's site and I've tried a bunch of different drivers from obscure HP tech support websites and elsewhere and nothing works. Does anyone know where to get geforce go 7200 drivers?

Wont be able too, hp made a deal with nvidia so only they can release drivers for their notebooks... dum asses! try searching the web for homebrew drivers eg http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=...&Itemid=41/ i've also got a 7200 and the newest hp driver is from 2006... good luck!

• 6 months later...

i also have geforce go 7200. im using XP and hp only has old drivers for 7200 for XP. in vista it has quite new. like 2007~ drivers but i dont have vista ;P might get tho heard it runs slower and is buggier than xp so might not. i want new drivers because i got problems when playing hl2 and hl2 mods and css ect. i usually have 100+ fps but sometimes i get lagspike and fps drops to 10-20 for awhile and then goes back up. i think its because of my drivers. this thing is happening after steam got updated.

could you help me please ^^

~Zetsubou

little add for that geforce go7200 acually has latest drivers. like 100~ and so on but they all are for VISTA. i might consider getting vista unless you guys can get me working drivers for xp somehow :)

~Zetsubou

• 1 year later...