LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Ghetto way to upgrade?

Guest Smithers

Guest Smithers

I have a alienware 5700m with a 2 ghz centrino with 2MB cache, 2 gigs ram and 6800 go.

I was wondering if I got my hands on a alienware 945 i chipset or whatever and mobile core2duo the new 5750 (mine has 915) and a core 2 duo processer, could I rig it to work. Im pretty sure everything else is the same. Im pretty sure thats the only thing theyve changed _ a better vid card. Could I, in theory, I replace it and make it work, the processors are about 2.3 x more powerful and Id love to have that work well.

If so any description of how?

It's a No Go for your scenario... but selling current laptop and buying a new one works.

It's a No Go for your scenario... but selling current laptop and buying a new one works.

*raises hand*

You could also join the reservation list for the 7900GS`s :)

Guest Smithers
*raises hand*

You could also join the reservation list for the 7900GS`s :)

Ive been reading the alienware forums, something extreemly interesting came up.

random guy said "is there any way to upgrade my pentium m 1.73ghz to a core 2 duo? if so who do i contact to purchase it.

thanks"

alienware said "You need a bios update, James Beam. If you want to buy it from us, give us a call. "

HOLY ###### SWEETASTIC