LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Blue screen of death when installing driver

nrepin

I have tried twice now to install a driver from you site to update the driver for my Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M for my Dell Latitude D620 notebook. Each time, once i restart my notebook i recieve a blue screen hardware failure and the only way to fix it is to remove all drivers and reinstall the old dell one. Is there some way to fix this or am I not installing the driver correctly? I would love to not have to use the dell drivers which are old and doesn't include nView. Any help would be appreciated. The driver version is 8.4.6.9

~Nadya

Why don't you use the Dell driver from the Dell site?

nVidia Quadro FX 350M, Quadro NVS 110M, Quadro NVS 120M, Driver, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Multi Language, Latitude D620, D820, Precision M65, v.84.69

In respect to the laptop users that never recieve driver update from their OEM... install OEM drivers whenever you can.

On the one hand I don't trust Dell - I used to work for them, the driver from Dell does not include the nView program that allows me to make specific alterations and dell service department doesn't care. As well, I am hoping to be able to use this video card to play NWN 2 on my laptop, and i was told that the dell driver may not let me do that, or not well.

~Nadya

Well it's official. I cannot play NWN2 with my current drivers. I have tried to troubleshoot it and done lots of research to try and fix any other probems. Other users with the same card but not from Dell have managed to get NWN2 working. My last bet is to update my driver. I also discovered that the Dell drivers often leave out aspects essential for gaming. I keep getting a no 3d Devices error in my DirectX test. If anyone has any other suggestions I am wide open to help, i would like to use the Dell driver but i want to play NWN2 more. Any suggestions on what driver to try?

• 2 weeks later...