LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v97.27 VISTA 32bit |

®®®

First, thanks everyone for contributing much to notebook drivers, now:

Does anyone know how we can get temperature/overclocking/advanced features on these drivers?

It's quite wierd that we're getting nothing.

Maybe we just all have to wait until the release of Vista at the end of January? I don't mind, but I thought it wouldn't be tough to enable the advanced features on drivers.

Regards...

Ben

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Area51m-7700

• mobilenvidia

• Kahl

• skaiser

Is there any way to use the old style control panel?

Also how do you add custom resolutions? I can't seem to find it in the new control panel.

I experienced the same thing @ first......but i went into the control panel and toyed around....did something, don't exactly know what i did, but my games are running pretty well...

I believe I have discovered what it was you did in the control panel: If you set the performance mode for one screen instead of multiple monitors, the graphics performance is up to regular Vista standard again. (I'm not sure if it's called "performance mode" in english, as my control panel is in Norwegian, but it's the first item i the 3D-settings part of the control panel).

Of course game performance is still a good bit under XP standards, but at least these drivers aren't any worse than their predecessors, and hopefullly less bugs. As for advanced functions such as clocking and temperature monitoring, the control panel still is lacking this. But I expect the drivers will become better and better as the release comes closer (especially since RTM is out now), and hopefully by the releasy in January, we will have fully functional and well performing drivers :)

You'll find that Vista performance is about 10% down on XP.

And yes set the performance for multiple monitors to 'Single' this will make quite a difference.

It seems to default to Multiple with some drivers.

Crap and I blew out the 5744 install in anticipation. Only one .inf on my M1710/7950GTX Vista RTM install and it no work Lucy. But we love you at LV2G and I know you'll come through. Happy Thanksgiving!

TD

Crap and I blew out the 5744 install in anticipation. Only one .inf on my M1710/7950GTX Vista RTM install and it no work Lucy. But we love you at LV2G and I know you'll come through. Happy Thanksgiving!

TD

Whoops, fixed :)

Sorry, guys, but the "Single Display Performance Mode" fix doesn't work - at least not on my rig. Still scoring in the low 7K range in 3DMark 05 vs. 8600 using the older driver.

RCK

By deleting all the other infs that came with the driver, and then using the modded inf from this site, I successfully managed to install these drivers on my Geforce 7600 Go on a Zepto Znote 6214W, with Vista RTM Ultimate.

I will come back with tests of gameperformance and such when I get home again :)

The support for the Geforce Go 7950GTX is missing from this .inf. Won't install on my Dell M1710. Any chance of getting that restored?

Thanks in advance.

TD

The support for the Geforce Go 7950GTX is missing from this .inf. Won't install on my Dell M1710. Any chance of getting that restored?

Thanks in advance.

TD

%NVIDIA_G71.DEV_0297.1% = nv_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0297
NVIDIA_G71.DEV_0297.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX"

I fixed this line with v31.95 of my INGs yesterday.

It should work now with your GPU

Sorry, guys, but the "Single Display Performance Mode" fix doesn't work - at least not on my rig. Still scoring in the low 7K range in 3DMark 05 vs. 8600 using the older driver.

RCK

I noticed something with the whole "DirectX" thing......and also these drivers.....

Games that are recently built, like bf2142 and NFScarbon.....were built with anticipation of dx10 capabilities...that's why these games work better, and surprisingly actually look better(way more "crisp" so to speak), on vista using these drivers, rather than the way they look on XP....I don't know if it's just me......but i have 2 laptops...well actually the other one is my brother's.......he actually went and bought the same ###### thing i did(dumb idea)i took out 1 of my ram chips to match his ram...we have the same specs...his pc is just newer....his has XP with the latest drivers from this site...and i have vista with these drivers.....and trust me....there was a good bit of performance advantage on vista compaired to Xp.....we did the test a couple of times, and with different drivers....the only time that XP outdid vista was when we used the alienware drivers for his laptop.....and on the vista were the default drivers that came on the OS cd......but who knows...maybe on the next release vista would go further :)

by the way....i wouldn't advise anyone to overclock their laptop on vista....TRUST ME! :P :) :P

Edited by Area51m-7700

Hello!

I have rally annoyng problem.

My laptop is Compal EL80 (with 7600go). Nomatter what vista drivers i try , i only can play CS1,6 and CMR2. all other games are crashing when i start the game (aprox. 5seconds). I have tryied 96.85 , 97.19 , 97.27. 3dmark2001 runs fine but 4000 points less than in windows XP (17,5k vs 13,5k) and 3dmark06 is 100points less but screen is jumping like mad.

by friend has HP with 7400go and using same drivers as i and everything is fine (by fine i mean he can play Q3 , ET , RtCW and all other opengl games + NFS carbon - i cant). any suggestions?

OS is Vista Ultimate RTM (b6000)

Edited by InterFace

Sorry to be a pain and re-post the same question, but the screen res is really bugging me on the LCD flat panel. Can anyone provide any help with regard to my earlier question, please?

I've successfully managed to install this driver on my Toshiba P100-113, which is running Windows Vista Ultimate RTM.

Unfortunately, the control panel won't allow me to chose the native resolution of 1680x1050 for my secondary display (a Philips 200W). The closest I can get is 1600x1000 or 1600x1024. Any ideas on how I can get the right resolution?

Sorry to be a pain and re-post the same question, but the screen res is really bugging me on the LCD flat panel. Can anyone provide any help with regard to my earlier question, please?
320x200 320x240 400x300 480x360 512x384 640x350 640x400=1FFF;SHV 640x480 720x400 720x480 768x576 800x600 852x480 853x480 854x480 864x480 1024x640 1024x768 1152x864 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x854 1280x960 1280x1024 1360x768 1365x768 1366x768 1400x1050 1440x900 1600x900 1600x1000 1600x1024 1600x1200 1680x1050 1800x1440 1920x1080 1920x1200 1920x1440 2048x1280 2048x1536 2560x1600 3840x2400

Resolutions supported in INF.

Toshiba for some reason uses EDID overrides to work their LCDs.

This can make life very tricky as you are now probably experiencing.

You may have to try and copy and paste in all these settings in to the Vista INF.(there are a lot of them)

Hello!

I have rally annoyng problem.

My laptop is Compal EL80 (with 7600go). Nomatter what vista drivers i try , i only can play CS1,6 and CMR2. all other games are crashing when i start the game (aprox. 5seconds). I have tryied 96.85 , 97.19 , 97.27. 3dmark2001 runs fine but 4000 points less than in windows XP (17,5k vs 13,5k) and 3dmark06 is 100points less but screen is jumping like mad.

by friend has HP with 7400go and using same drivers as i and everything is fine (by fine i mean he can play Q3 , ET , RtCW and all other opengl games + NFS carbon - i cant). any suggestions?

OS is Vista Ultimate RTM (b6000)

I would suggest you try running the game in compatability mode for windows XP SP2. Also, try finding a NoIntro Fix. That gets rid of the crashing at startup. But after that, any other vids shown in the game and it's most likely to crash again. I think it has something to do with open gl not being either fully supported, or just not supported at all. Poor windows, everytime something is added, something else has to get hacked off. :) :)

Is there any way to use the old style control panel?

Also how do you add custom resolutions? I can't seem to find it in the new control panel.

To be honest, I highly doubt that we will continue seeing the old control panel. I did rather use that one. But these drives with the new panel, don't have alot of different options to choose from when customizing the card. Why? I'm not sure, ask on of the more smart dudes here....Lol. Custom resolution.....hmm.....try using "Display Settings" from when you right click on your destop and hit properties. Might work that way.

Edited by Area51m-7700

k now im smarter. its not the drivers or my laptop.

just PunkBuster doenst support Vista yet. if i disable pb in Q3 or ET then it runs fine (only problem is i cant play online then :P ) , if i enable it then it instantly crashes.

and NFS Carbon runs fine when i set comp. mode to win98 :P

ah well i need to wait for updates and stuff then :c

EDIT: hehe , every game runs on VIsta now if i set comp mode to win98 :) but well still, punkbuster doesnt like that and kick me from servers :)

Edited by InterFace

k now im smarter. its not the drivers or my laptop.

just PunkBuster doenst support Vista yet. if i disable pb in Q3 or ET then it runs fine (only problem is i cant play online then :thumbsup: ) , if i enable it then it instantly crashes.

and NFS Carbon runs fine when i set comp. mode to win98 :rofl:

ah well i need to wait for updates and stuff then :c

EDIT: hehe , every game runs on VIsta now if i set comp mode to win98 :) but well still, punkbuster doesnt like that and kick me from servers :)

Lol...there ya go....problem solved :thumbsup: :P :P

Driver installed fine, and Aero is working, however, I'm having a few problems.

I am getting horizontal lines across the screen when I minimize and maximize windows and a couple times I got an error saying that Explorer has crashed and then explorer restarts. Anyone else having these issues?

I ended up reverting to Microsoft's driver (96.86) due to an issue that I've seen on and off on my Dell laptop with some (but not all) combinations of pre-release Vista with nVidia drivers.

I use a docking station (technically just a port replicator) and an external DVI monitor with my Latitude D820. With some drivers, including 97.27, undocking (and sometimes redocking) yields a black screen on an otherwise functioning system. It's as if the GPU doesn't pick up on the fact that there's a different display connected.

I only use one display at a time; in fact, the laptop is closed when it's in the docking station. But this bug means I can't undock without shutting down all my applications (usually a dozen or so) or risking the loss of everything open in those apps. That's not workable for me, so I was forced to go back to the RTM drivers provided by Microsoft (which work just fine except for a weird display artifact on boot that 97.27 did fix.)

I principally installed the newer release to see if I could get a performance improvement over the bundled driver. I didn't try any of the fancier benchmarking apps, but another weird artifact was that Vista's built-in performance evaluation feature was unable to display its usual progress dialog box with the new drivers. The test completed, but no visual feedback that it was running. Again, this weirdness went away when I reverted to 96.86.

-Stian

Driver installed fine, and Aero is working, however, I'm having a few problems.

I am getting horizontal lines across the screen when I minimize and maximize windows and a couple times I got an error saying that Explorer has crashed and then explorer restarts. Anyone else having these issues?

Hmm....from what i have experienced with vista, the Explorer crashing and restarts isn't because of the drivers, i tried everything to get rid of that problem, even went to the help forums especially made for vista. whenever i would reboot the pc, the file index cleaner would come up. i got tired of it and just reinstalled vista. as for your lines across the screen issue, could be something to do with your monitor's refresh rate and the settings you have your card set to. keep looking around in the forums, you might find an answer soon.

Hmm....from what i have experienced with vista, the Explorer crashing and restarts isn't because of the drivers, i tried everything to get rid of that problem, even went to the help forums especially made for vista. whenever i would reboot the pc, the file index cleaner would come up. i got tired of it and just reinstalled vista. as for your lines across the screen issue, could be something to do with your monitor's refresh rate and the settings you have your card set to. keep looking around in the forums, you might find an answer soon.

The refresh rate might be the problem, however, I can't change the refresh rate on my monitor, it only has the option for 60Hz and nothing else....so I don't think there is any way around it.

Also, I now have no way of changing the dimmness setting on my monitor, as I don't see that option in the new Nvidia control panel and the Sony software that controls that apparently doesn't work with Vista...any ideas?

Edited by cakeod

The refresh rate might be the problem, however, I can't change the refresh rate on my monitor, it only has the option for 60Hz and nothing else....so I don't think there is any way around it.

Also, I now have no way of changing the dimmness setting on my monitor, as I don't see that option in the new Nvidia control panel and the Sony software that controls that apparently doesn't work with Vista...any ideas?

ok, well that didn't help none. did you experience these same problems with the default drivers that came with vista?....those drivers would be 96.86

ok, well that didn't help none. did you experience these same problems with the default drivers that came with vista?....those drivers would be 96.86

Yeah, I think the horizontal lines were happening with the default Windows drivers as well, and I also had the problem of the mouse movement being very jerky. The Nvidia drivers seemed to fix that issue but I still have the horizontal lines.

I installed these on my e1705 w/ 7900gs. They work good except for external monitor support. It sometimes doesnt let me switch to external monitor. Other times it turns my display on its side. Usually I have to reboot and make sure the laptop is changed to external view before it gets to windows otherwise it doesnt work right.