LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v97.27 VISTA 32bit |

®®®

drv_forceware.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare 97.27

drv_inf.gifModded INF | drv_nfo.gifDriver NFO | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows Vista

Driver Version: 97.27 (9.7.2.7)

Driver Date: 2006-11-16

Driver Size: 38.6MB

Driver Released by:

MS WHQL Certificate: True

Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

New Control Panel: True

Mobile Support: n/a

Comments

Vista 32bit driver with Control panel and OEM infs

Changelog/Release Notes

No information.

Documents

No documents.

Support

Benchmarks

• GeForce FX Go5200: Here from Larry (v53.03 - current) @ Inspirion 5150
  • GeForce FX Go5700: Here from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - v84.21) @ Area 51-M 766
  • GeForce FX Go5700: Here from zipper (v53.51 - 82.10) @ ACER 1714
  • GeForce Go 6200: Here from AJH (v70.75 - current) @ VGN-FS115M
  • GeForce Go 6600: Here from Mr.G (v84.21 - current) @ Qosmio F20-149
  • GeForce Go 6600: Here from Heazky (v71.90 - 82.10) @ Tecra S2
  • GeForce Go 6800: Here from Miki (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 3438G
  • GeForce Go 6800: Here from zipper (v72.50 - current) @ AMILO 4438G
  • GeForce Go 7600: Here from fensterbank (v84.20 - current) @ Aspire 5652
  • GeForce Go 7800 GTX: Here from jamesd (v79.31 - current) @ D900T

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.5.2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Area51m-7700

• mobilenvidia

• Kahl

• skaiser

®®®, the set I installed yesterday has the new CP.

INF is up.

What a messy INF to work from.

There was no desktop INF to work from so had to make one out what was there (OEM INFs)

Should be usable by all GPU's including 8800 series.

Also added the known tweaks.

Not tested yet, so feedback welcomed.

I downloaded the modded inf but there is none to replace in the driver folder. How do I install the driver?

I downloaded the modded inf but there is none to replace in the driver folder. How do I install the driver?

I am having the same problem. I tried simply adding the modded .INF file to the expanded installation folder, but the installer continues to claim that I do not have a supported GPU. (I've been able to successfully use previous releases with the laptopvideo2go INF.)

-Stian

The Go 7900 GTX is supported:

%NVIDIA_G71.DEV_0299.1%  = nv_NV3x,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab][tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0299
NVIDIA_G71.DEV_0299.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX"

As this driver has more than one INF, this can confuse the installer.

Delete any INF that is NOT called nv_disp.inf (modded INF is called this)

Now the driver should install.

If setup.exe fails then use the update driver method this should work.

I must reinstall Vista now my lappy is all setup and partitioned.

I also have the same problem, cannot install, where to place the inf?

INF updated to v31.93, fixed some bugs, noting major.

Hello,

I cannot install the driver on my dell m65 with nvidia qudro fx 350m.

I have tried the .inf from v96.85 and it was successfull.

With the latest .inf from this site, I get the message that no hardware for this driver was found?

Kind regards

Stefan

As this driver has more than one INF, this can confuse the installer.

Delete any INF that is NOT called nv_disp.inf (modded INF is called this)

Now the driver should install.

If setup.exe fails then use the update driver method this should work.

I must reinstall Vista now my lappy is all setup and partitioned.

Deleting the others INFs doesn't help. Any other ideas?

My bad :)

Small blunder in this INF due to it's weirdness (very different from previous INFs)

Give it a try now, guaranteed success or your money back.

hmm, no success :-(

how do I get my money? ;-)

I've successfully managed to install this driver on my Toshiba P100-113, which is running Windows Vista Ultimate RTM.

Unfortunately, the control panel won't allow me to chose the native resolution of 1680x1050 for my secondary display (a Philips 200W). The closest I can get is 1600x1000 or 1600x1024. Any ideas on how I can get the right resolution?

Edited by Derek Lakin

By deleting all the other infs that came with the driver, and then using the modded inf from this site, I successfully managed to install these drivers on my Geforce 7600 Go on a Zepto Znote 6214W, with Vista RTM Ultimate.

I will come back with tests of gameperformance and such when I get home again :)

ok, I have done the same thing again, and -> SUCCESS

don't now what went wrong before...

Thanks

Just finished testing these drivers under Vista Ultimate RTM (MSDN Version)...

The Good:

1. Display corruption/artifacting in BF2 and 3DMark 05 is finally gone (also true with 97.19).

The Bad:

1. HUGE frame rate drops in all games. :)

2. Lost 1600 points in 3DMark 05 (7000 vs. 8600 with 96.86)

Similar results with 97.19.

Note: I'm running my 7900GS with the GTX BIOS configured in a 600MHz Core/800MHz Memory config...

RCK

Just finished testing these drivers under Vista Ultimate RTM (MSDN Version)...

The Good:

1. Display corruption/artifacting in BF2 and 3DMark 05 is finally gone (also true with 97.19).

The Bad:

1. HUGE frame rate drops in all games. :)

2. Lost 1600 points in 3DMark 05 (7000 vs. 8600 with 96.86)

Similar results with 97.19.

Note: I'm running my 7900GS with the GTX BIOS configured in a 600MHz Core/800MHz Memory config...

RCK

I am experiencing exactly the same problem, huge FPS drops in games and 3Dmark. It appears this is another driver in the series that cannot be used for games. But I wonder where the huge performance decrease came from, strange...

Kahl,

Indeed. It's puzzling. And frustrating - I thought I finally had something stable. Then I noticed BF2 acting sluggish. 3DMark 05 simply confirmed it for me.

Ironically, the drivers that install with RTM (96.86) are also the best performing. If only they weren't so ###### buggy I'd just stick with them. Regardless, this has to be the first time that I've seen a Microsoft-published driver outperform the vendor's version. Go figure! :)

RCK

I experienced the same thing @ first......but i went into the control panel and toyed around....did something, don't exactly know what i did, but my games are running pretty well...except for PREY, still giving me the crap saying my card doesn't support OPEN GL.....no clue what to do about that one........and another thing....BF2....BF2142......I think the reason why most of these games are running like that is because they really weren't intended for DX10.....BF2142 however, whether it was made for DX10 or not, runs a whole lot better with these drivers than BF2......One of the great things about these drivers is that it surprisingly stops the "graphics reset" Bullcrap that would occur in NFSCarbon with the 9686 drivers........And last but not least.....one of the games that actually causes our GPUs to develop ulcers from overworking it with visuals....Oblivion......I must say, I was stunned at how well it performed on my system.....on XP2 Pro (and MCE as well)....I was able to run it at around 1280x960<<i think that's correct....with fairly everything up.....now...i can run it at 1600x1200 with everything up....except for the bloom....it runs better using AA rather than Bloom.....go figure on that one...... :) :P :)