LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v97.27 VISTA 32bit |

®®®

I installed these on my e1705 w/ 7900gs. They work good except for external monitor support. It sometimes doesnt let me switch to external monitor. Other times it turns my display on its side. Usually I have to reboot and make sure the laptop is changed to external view before it gets to windows otherwise it doesnt work right.

what build version are you using....rc1, rc2 or RTM?

I find it strange that these RTM is here so soon yet we are still having all these bugs with these drivers. Even the ones that come with the RTM version. They should have really put some more work into this, but who knows, maybe the next release of drivers will clear all this up. I do know one thing though, I am not about to go buy a 8xxx series just so I can up the anti of vista. We shouldn't have to be spending this much money for such types of hardware for a still unstable OS version. And the bad part is that it's not even our Next-Gen looking pc games that require all this hardware, it's the OS itself.

No mean to micro bash, but prime example of how microsoft sucks....the demo version of the new flight simulator comes with dx10 capabilities and runs excellent on vista. But the full game doesn't support much from vista, infact, the game doesn't even run good enough. Better off playing it in XP. They are making way too many wrong decisions. :glare:

Edited by Area51m-7700

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Area51m-7700

• mobilenvidia

• rkennedy01

• bigmix

what build version are you using....rc1, rc2 or RTM?

I find it strange that these RTM is here so soon yet we are still having all these bugs with these drivers. Even the ones that come with the RTM version. They should have really put some more work into this, but who knows, maybe the next release of drivers will clear all this up. I do know one thing though, I am not about to go buy a 8xxx series just so I can up the anti of vista. We shouldn't have to be spending this much money for such types of hardware for a still unstable OS version. And the bad part is that it's not even our Next-Gen looking pc games that require all this hardware, it's the OS itself.

No mean to micro bash, but prime example of how microsoft sucks....the demo version of the new flight simulator comes with dx10 capabilities and runs excellent on vista. But the full game doesn't support much from vista, infact, the game doesn't even run good enough. Better off playing it in XP. They are making way too many wrong decisions. :glare:

You've got to understand, if they waited until the OS was working 100% properly to every bodies needs, then XP would still be working in beta stages.

For what it's worth, Vista is in much better condition than when XP came out at the same state. If people are complaining about drivers not working on their RTM versions (which shouldn't be in public hands yet), then they aught to wait until the end of January.

Until that date, no one should properly state that MS sucks; of course the support does, the OS isn't even out yet! You have to realize that thousands of companies have to catch up with Vista's new technology.

And until then, Microsoft doesn't need to stand by users like us.

We should be happy just to see 'decently' working vista drivers for our notebooks. People are working incredibly hard to get this technology out by the retail release.

Until then, less complaining about MS, and more helping the peeps out!

Maybe you ought to wait for the retail release, purchase a legit copy, then you might be more satisfied :)

Ben

Edited by Benchern1f

You've got to understand, if they waited until the OS was working 100% properly to every bodies needs, then XP would still be working in beta stages.

For what it's worth, Vista is in much better condition than when XP came out at the same state. If people are complaining about drivers not working on their RTM versions (which shouldn't be in public hands yet), then they aught to wait until the end of January.

Until that date, no one should properly state that MS sucks; of course the support does, the OS isn't even out yet! You have to realize that thousands of companies have to catch up with Vista's new technology.

And until then, Microsoft doesn't need to stand by users like us.

We should be happy just to see 'decently' working vista drivers for our notebooks. People are working incredibly hard to get this technology out by the retail release.

Until then, less complaining about MS, and more helping the peeps out!

Maybe you ought to wait for the retail release, purchase a legit copy, then you might be more satisfied :)

Ben

Paying subscribtions at msdn is how i got this copy.....pretty legit to me...lol :)

And yes, vista is at a much better stand point now than XP was. Which is why i don't blame alot of it to do with vista. But however, alot of these other companies that are making software for vista, really aren't catching up. I don't have that big of an issue with vista itself...just the lack of support that it has for ALOT of the good gpu's that are out now. To me it's all about getting us to spend way more money than we actually got. Prime example...the 88xx series cards are already here...i can get one by next week if i wanted to, but not alot of people can do that. And they are talking about the future games coming out are gonna need a 88xx to even do good. Look at fsx, i so wanted to throw the game out. Why? Because microsoft expects us to beef up our pc's with X amount of money, so we can enjoy flying a sim. They have small specs on the back of their packaging when the game doesn't even run smoothly enough on a nice system. To me they are all just looking for our money......way too much money! oh coorprate companies...the things you do to us poor folks :P kinda sad :P

To be fair with Microsoft... there is no absolute definition of minimum requirements.

For me it would be the hardware to reach 20 fps on an online FPS... 15 fps on a RPG and 10 fps in Flight Simulator.

The same goes for fluid gaming... for me anything below 30 fps is choppy... for others a steady (non stuttering) 15 fps is enough.

:)

To be fair with Microsoft... there is no absolute definition of minimum requirements.

For me it would be the hardware to reach 20 fps on an online FPS... 15 fps on a RPG and 10 fps in Flight Simulator.

The same goes for fluid gaming... for me anything below 30 fps is choppy... for others a steady (non stuttering) 15 fps is enough.

That's is true Fabrice about the minimum. But honestly, who wouldn't be highly upset if a game like Oblivion was to say ya only needed a P1 system to run their game......Lol, I could have seen the amount of people rushing to buy that one :)

Update: found a lil problem with these drivers.....whenever i'm playing a game, like ultimate aliance, the game suddenly starts moving like if i was playing oblivion with all the settings up....gotta minimize the game for about a minute and then put it back up for the game to run smoothly.....any thoughts on that Fabrice?

• 2 weeks later...

For you all still stuck on the .27 series or lower give the newer .35's a try. For my setup 3DMark06 jumped a nice fat amount - 2851 to 3241 - DirectX game frame rates improved and OpenGL games (WoW) got a huge boost - my framerate is actually playable now. Check the .35 thread for more details.

I have tried this driver on the RTM version of Windows Vista (32-bit) but I get the message that this drivers are for Windows Vista and that another operating system is detected. I need drivers for my NVidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista. I managed to install the drivers for Windows XP but I want Aero Glass!