LaptopVideo2Go Forums

VGA-out help - fxgo5600

Guest vector2

Guest vector2

Currently running a VAIO PCG-GRT170 with WinXP pro that's equipped with an FX Go5600. Recently, the screen in the laptop died and I've been attempting to use the VGA out and another monitor as a substitute (the laptop's well beyond warranty and I really don't feel like going through the trouble/expense of getting it fixed). I'm currently using the LV2go drivers 9702, and before that I was using the latest OEM's from sony that are dated from a couple years ago.

The problem I have is that as soon as I get past the windows splash screen, my external monitor goes out as if the signal had been disconnected. It does this no matter what resolution my video card is set to. Here's the kicker - when I boot up in safe mode, my external monitor works perfectly in any resolution, and when I boot up in VGA mode, I'm able to use the external monitor is 640/8bit, but as soon as I try to change the resolution in VGA mode, the signal goes out. The problem occurs no matter what driver version I'm using. Also, since I installed the latest lv2go drivers, I still don't see any nvidia control panel functionality. Is this normal? Any help would be appreciated.