LaptopVideo2Go Forums

geforce go 7200

agresbach

i have an nvidia geforce go 7200 128mb card in my laptop. I know how to check what my current version of my vbios is (i apologize i dont have it with me right now but will have more details later tonight on it) but my question is, how can i find the latest vbios release (or optimal one for this card) in case mine is outdated and i want to try to update it? i searched the board but didnt see anything for this card specifically and wanted to make sure before i did anything.

thanks for the help!

The first question you should ask yourself... do I have an issue worth risking flashing the firmware?

Why are you saying that Fabrice, maybe he likes action :)

Anyway he is right, if you don't have any particular problems like slowness with new drivers or limited support for your external something or want to try the card on another computer we don't recommend you to change the BIOS, not worths the risk as you should not expect a performance boost or something. We have seen many failed tries and that will really get you into some action.

Given his questions I assumed he had little idea of what he was doing... barely following the lead of a friend who updated a firmware which turned his GeForce 5200 into a GeForce 7900 GTX.