LaptopVideo2Go Forums

gateway cx210x upgrade

basstid

i found that my tablet/notebook convertable isn't on your list of notebooks. i know many people who have this, me being one, who wan more then the ATIx1400. So, i no u might have had this question b4, but is it upgradeable, i saw that there is another gateway thread, but i have no idea what type 3 means.

If it's not on the list, it's (most likely) not MXM. If it's not MXM, Ice-Tea can't do anything for you.

If it's not on the list, it's (most likely) not MXM. If it's not MXM, Ice-Tea can't do anything for you.

What he said, with one minor change: I don`t know anything about your tablet. Gateway has used some kind of MXM in the past, this one might be kinda MXM too but they have all been locked. Thus far, no Gateway MXM`s have been upgraded.

the ony reason i ask, is because it says pci express x16 interface, and i thought that meant that it would be upgradable.

the ony reason i ask, is because it says pci express x16 interface, and i thought that meant that it would be upgradable.

That`s just the electrical interface. It`s like saying `it runs on 12V`. It`s not because your Marklin train set also runs on 12V that you can plug in your Pullman wagon in your notebook :)

:) good comparison. Märklin, the godfather company of miniature trains.

thanks, guess ill stick with my x1400 for now then, that comparison actually made me get it, thanks for dumbing it down for me, hehehe.