LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Stop asking for "What is the best driver"

Lych

First of all, I would like to thank the moderators and innovators on this site - you're a lifesaver to me and my discontinued vpr matrix 200a5.

The reason people keep asking the questions "what is the best driver?" and "what is the best inf?" is that thesite is poorly put together from an organizational standpoint. There needs to be a header on a home page or a search bar of some sort that people can click to get to a reference list that has links to all drivers and all infs. The only way for a newcomer to find the answers to these questions is to go through about 50 search topics until they get a hit. Even the links at the bottom of innovator posts do not have links to inf downloads or driver downloads. It has been over a year since I have visited the site, and while I am eternally grateful to you all, I have been searching for over an hour to find the answers to the "kills a kitten" questions and I do not consider my self to be a village idiot or a window licker. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Thanks-

• 1 month later...

I hate cats

Wouldn't even be here if the Driver that came from the Dell site worked.

You guys seem like a rather bright bunch.

How hard would it be for Nvida to work with the Windows chk for new drivers.

And let it automatically updated to the latest driver.

Very valid point on information being hard to find.

• 1 month later...
Every time you ask what the best driver is, God kills a kitten. Please think of the kittens. It has been said many times before, but I think it needs to be reiterated. Asking what is the best driver for my video card is very annoying and it has already been answered. If you want to know what the best driver is for your configuration, visit Bill?s recommended driver FAQ and/or Fabrice Roux?s comprehensive guide. Visit the quickstart guide if you are new to modded infs and you cannot install the driver. In summation, the best driver for your system is the one that doesn't corrupt it. Only you can stop this plague from spreading.

Do you know what's more annoying? Folks like you.

If someone is new to updating drivers, it's not that easy. See most of us have been chasing and getting women while you are worried about mod infs. Sorry, I digress...

This site is jumbled and seems to have no set place to go.

The reason these questions are being asked is because they can't be found!

I'm not saying this site is not full of great info, but it's confusing.

Also, I hate cats.

Do you know what's more annoying? Folks like you.
How can we be annoying if we (members, moderators etc.) try to help all the owners of NVIDIA driven laptops on this planet to update their video card drivers... without beeing paid. All self-driven. All free. All taking up our spare time which we could rather spend with something else.
most of us have been chasing and getting women while you are worried about mod infs.
Most of us already passed puberty, live in a relationship, have kids or are married.
This site is jumbled and seems to have no set place to go.
http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php For the 98% majority everything is clear. Drivers. FAQ. Discussion and Support etc. This works since about 5 years. Of course not everybody is happy, but that#s life.
The reason these questions are being asked is because they can't be found!
Read the FAQ. And use common sense. Nobody can answer in a nutshell what the best car/GPS/camera/dishwasher/TV/laptop is. Everybody has different needs and demands. There is no objective answer to those kind of questions.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Ok, how about what driver will actually work for me rather than what's the best?

Alienware m15x, Win7 Ultimate x64, 8700M GT, Current Driver: 186.03

I've used the search function thoroughly to find potentially anything that's better than what I currently have with no luck, have tried all of the latest drivers (including what nvidia.com recommends to me,) or most of them, only to get BSOD'd or when it restarts, it doesn't recognize the card. Any suggestions?