LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Stop asking for "What is the best driver"

Lych

There isnt a "best driver". When you ask what is the "best" driver, what does it really mean? What do you consider best?

Best performance?

Best image quality?

Best stability?

Lower temps?

etc

Not every driver will satisfy each criteria.

My advice just try the latest driver from our site and go form there.

Dont be lazy and give it a go :)

You can also view view benchmarks for different cards for different drivers here

-edited by Dox 23/03/2009

Edited by Dox

I like kittens, so have pinned this post :)

That's why our 2 cats were soo nice the lasts days... because this topic was pinned :) Thanks!

Pls. also stop the plague of Quoting full posts of the previous poster if you just want to add an reply. My main job changed from answereing questions to deleting those quotes :)

Does this qualifies as Kitten ? (more pictures of Alpaga)

original.jpg

ps: it's my girlfriend 12 kg cat... he is not fat, he is big boned. :)

Nice one. How old?

Here's something to laugh about:

CatsThatLookLikeHitler.com

kitler8.jpg

He is now 13 years old...

And then there's StuffOnMyCat.com... another classic. Beware highly dangerous laughing attacks.

• 5 months later...

Bill's FAQ and Fabrice's guide are outdated. Fabrice still recommends 8x.xx for 7xxx cards when 9xx.xx drivers are out?

• 2 months later...

I guess Bill doesn't like cat's. :) He hasn't updated his page in almost a year and a half. I can't say that I care for cats either, but I'd be fine with looking at a recommendation thread instead of posting if a current one existed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I just set up 2 new topics in support, where members post what drivers work well, instead of asking. (topics might get moved soon though)

Go post and help the community.

Soon my recommendation topic will meet its demise, maybe I should check for useful info first?

Its temping, but I'm oh so lazy....

Edit: Read here if you have missed the topics already.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=14344

• 2 weeks later...

BoDEAM, please read my post above yours. I started new topics where everybody gives driver recommendations, you should read them. :)

• 2 months later...

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE POSTING PICS OF THIER CATS!!!! and what kind of forum allows crap like that,, i used to like this site,, but when i see the sites very own mods talking abou t their stupid cats, it makes me sick... THATS IT!! IM BUYING AN ATI AND GOING TO A REAL FORUM,,

In ATI forums they talk about Dogs and wishing they bought a nV based machine so they can talk about cats :)

As far as i know, this is the only thread where cats are a topic... out of 10000. And cats are not even offtopic in this thread :)

You know what? I'm tired of Removing Full Quotations of Previous Post. But that's another story.

Life goes on.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Bill that link a few posts above about driver recommending doesnt seem to work. :)

It always goes to the laptopvideo2go main site and says 'Error: 404 (Request Not Found)' Wth does that mean?

Has that been deleted? If so where can i find driver recommendations for XP?

Thanks

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

• 1 month later...

Ok, so Bill says his page is outdated and will soon meet its demise, but it's still linked for the "what's the best driver" question? Hey, I'm here to get a driver that will work and not crash my system, so it sounds like its going to be some trial and error. An 85 version - like Bill recommends - seems way outdated and I wonder if it will support my WUXGA screen. Oh well, I'm off to try to figure this all out.

In ATI forums they talk about Dogs and wishing they bought a nV based machine so they can talk about cats :)

XDDD :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sick of this as well. I have the HP/Compaq/VoodooPC driver getting supported in the latest driver I can test and find stable on LTV2G and still people keep asking what's the best driver for X graphics card. THE %$#@ DRIVER I POST FOR IT IS THE BEST!!! WHY THE %$#@ ELSE WOULD I POST IT!?!

I'm seriously going to start posting a "READ THE FAQ SECTION!!!" of any replies I get. Nobody reads the FAQs anymore.

• 1 month later...
Every time you ask what the best driver is, God kills a kitten. Please think of the kittens. It has been said many times before, but I think it needs to be reiterated. Asking what is the best driver for my video card is very annoying and it has already been answered. If you want to know what the best driver is for your configuration, visit Bill?s recommended driver FAQ and/or Fabrice Roux?s comprehensive guide. Visit the quickstart guide if you are new to modded infs and you cannot install the driver. In summation, the best driver for your system is the one that doesn't corrupt it. Only you can stop this plague from spreading.

Time to start killing kittens!

Bill's recommended driver FAQ is nearly 2 years old and is in serious need of updating.

So, I say death to the kittens until we get an update.

One more time: there is no best driver for everybody, so please let them live.

And yes the recommendations are outdated and 2 years old as with the flood of driver we find any recommendation we could make for a certain driver will be basically outdated within the next higher release.

Thanks for the reply and setting me straight. I will let the kittens live.