LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 6800 Toshiba Laptop - Problems with Digital Out

wwoodard8

I have a Toshiba Portege S100-1133 using Nvidia's GeForce Go 6200 TE 64M/6600/TE 128M. I've also just purchased a Dell 2007WFP monitor and I'm having trouble getting the machine to recognize the monitor.

I've gotten the latest version of Toshiba's drivers. I've also gotten the latest version of Dell's drivers and have installed them.

When I open my DIsplay Properties box, I see two displays listed - the laptop and the "Dell 207WFp (Digital) on NVIDIA GeForce..."

But when I click on the Advanced button, and click on the GeForce tab, I see "Digital Flat Panel" and "Analog Display" listed as The Primary and Secondary displays. I don't see the Dell monitor at all. And nothing appears on the Dell Monitor.

I've attached to the Dell through the DVI port on the back of my docking station.

So there seems to be a disconnect between the nView GUI and Windows GUI - one showing me the Dell driver, the other showing me the default analog driver.

Could anyone offer some help here? How can I make my Dell work with the Toshiba?

Thanks so much for any help. I've been working on this for an entire day and nothing I can think of seems to work...

Take the issues out of the loop... try connecting the external monitor directly to the laptop. The Dell driver is not required... it's main use is installing the proper color profile for the monitor.

There is no DVI connector on the computer itself.

So do you believe it should just work? In other words, if I plug it into the docking station, it should recognize it even in the Nvidia GUI?

Actually, I did get video out for a while last night - I just turned on the machine and saw video on the dell monitor! Didn't do anything special...

But the wierd thing is, as soon as I clicked on the Advanced button to open the Nvidia portion of the GUI, the display to the dell was turned off - no signal was suddenly coming out of the DVI port. So I don't think the problem is with my docking port...

What about the nvidia gui would cause that to happen?