LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Brightness Level in Windows Vista

DocMAX

I have a Samsung R65 Notebook with brightness level function keys. They do not work in Windows Vista. Any ideas how to enable the keys? In WinXP i had to tweak the INF file, but i don't know how to do it in Vista.

Thanks.

I wouldn't expect support for any laptop specific functions at all.

Vista is beta, there are a lot of problems, accept it.

Not officially available to the public... plus Microsoft software is considered beta until SP2.

Most notebooks needs working acpi control drivers for LCD brightness control out of the box... means without any background tool running, but just the FN+Fx keys. Is your R65 advertised as "Vista Ready"? If not you need to wait for an Samsung vista software update (whatever it is called).

thanks for your reply. the R65 is not vista ready in general. but its graphics chipset (nvidia) is vista ready. so aero glass works.

seems that samsung doesn't release any drivers until vista is comming out officialy (30.1.07). no beta drivers at all. i have a samsung multifuctional printer with scanner. no drivers yet... :-( does samsung have a secret vista drivers beta program?

A lot of companies haven't released Vista software yet, and I don't think they will until the release. You're not alone.

• 10 months later...