LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver RE-installation trouble

Guest ralliart12

Guest ralliart12

Hi fellows. Recently, I purchased a new game & since I'm installing it, I checked for new drivers for my Samsung X11(WinXP Pro)'s nVidia Go 7400 to update as well. I downloaded the latest driver version, 97.02, & its respective modded inf frm this website -> proceed to uninstall my existing 83.10 version currently residing on my system using WinXP>Ctrl Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Remove 'nVidia Drivers', & then only did I go ahead to install this new version.

After that, there's were some artifacts during gameplay & everyday DVD playback became choppy & I was tinking perhaps there's some incompatibility between the LATEST driver & my graphics card, & after reading thru a couple of threads here, kinda convinced that perhaps ver84.63 is the optimal version for my Go7x00 graphics card series.

So went thru the same uninstallation procedure, & install the ver84.63 instead.

DVD playback is back to normal, artifacts were still there during gameplay(Why is this so?), but the real issue here is everytime I shut down, there's this prompt that say 'nvsvc32.eve...the memory at...can't be read....'

Of course I suspect this may be bad RAM, but the nvsvc32.exe branched my suspicion that perhaps I have got a whole bunch of nVidia driver/forceware components all messed up inside my system, & furthermore, when I revert back to 84.63, the nVidia control panel component is still there inside my Windows Ctrl Panel, even though after I click it to launch it, there ain't no icons no nothing inside! So essentially its a dummy remment from ver97.02...

...So now what I do to get rid of this prompt @ shutdown & this dummy component in my Ctrl Panel? Is there anyway I can really COMPLETELY, thoroughly remove EVERYTHING the 1st driver installation brought, & re-settle for a ver84.63(or any version that doesn't gimme artifacts) with a proper installation?

Help please. Thanks in advance.

If Samsung offers a driver that is past 84.25 stick with it... Next time you want to install a new driver ask yourself this question: "Do I really need a new driver for this perfectly functionning laptop?"

...So now what I do to get rid of this prompt @ shutdown & this dummy component in my Ctrl Panel? Is there anyway I can really COMPLETELY, thoroughly remove EVERYTHING the 1st driver installation brought, & re-settle for a ver84.63(or any version that doesn't gimme artifacts) with a proper installation?

Boot in safe mode and use Driver Cleaner Pro. The you probably have a clean base for an install.

If Samsung offers a driver that is past 84.25 stick with it... Next time you want to install a new driver ask yourself this question: "Do I really need a new driver for this perfectly functionning laptop?"

The version Samsung provided is only ver83.10. That's y.