LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 7200 problem

jazmanie

is there anybody out there have the idea where I can find the Modded INF for Nvidia GeForce 7200 Go for my HP Compaq Presario V3138TU Notebook. The manufacturer version is 8.4.6.4 B, I can't find it anywhere. whenever i try to install, the infamous "NVIDIA setup program could not locate...' message appears. Even the HP Support couldn't provide the solution.

Our modded INF files support the

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D6.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200"

Try driver 84.69.

ps: Good one Kadir.

Our modded INF files support the

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D6.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200"

Try driver 84.69.

ps: Good one Kadir.

Thanks for the guide, unfortunately I still face the same issues, infact I've tried every single step as described in the ForceWare Updater's Quickstart Guide but the outcome still the same....And when I contact HP Support, they gave the alternative driver 84.64A. Still the problem remain unsolved.

The driver that HP supplies is version 8.4.6.4 B, i found there are NVWI.INF file inside the driver (As Attached) but I coldn't found that modded inf for NVWI.INF in the Laptopvideo2Go drivers collection...so could you please do something to this particular file.

In other occassion the HP Support gave me Intel Graphic Controller drivers and it work with my notebook..Then I come to question what's the purpose of giving the NVIDIA GeFORCE 7200 driver if it cannot be installed on my notebook. Or is it possible that the Intel graphic controller driver has take control over NVIDIA driver.

I know there must be a way to solve this matter out, it just a matter of trial and error processes. And I know there many Genius in this forum that can assist me.

NVWI.INF

Hi Bill,

This is my first post and extremely need your help to solve my HP Compaq Presario 3138TU notebook problem. HP has provided the NVIDIA GeForce 7200 Go driver for my notebook. but i couldn't install the program as the infamous message "NVIDIA setup program could not locate...' appears.

infact I've tried every single step as described in the ForceWare Updater's Quickstart Guide but the outcome still the same....And when I contact HP Support, they gave the alternative driver 84.64A. Still the problem remain unsolved.

The driver that HP supplies is version 8.4.6.4 B, i found the original NVWI.INF file inside the driver (As Attached) but I couldn't found that modded inf for NVWI.INF in the Laptopvideo2Go drivers collection...so could you please do something to this particular file.

In other occassion the HP Support gave me Intel Graphic Controller drivers and it work with my notebook..Then I come to question what's the purpose of giving the NVIDIA GeFORCE 7200 driver if it cannot be installed on my notebook. Or is it possible that the Intel graphic controller driver has take control over NVIDIA driver.

I know there must be a way to solve this matter and the right person to advise me is U.

NVWI.INF

Use the NERD tool to analyse your laptop hardware and post the long report file.

If you can't install this driver it meems that you don't have a 7200 Go. (which is the only GPU supported by your driver) You probably have an Intel integrated adapter.

EDIT:

By looking up the specs of your laptop... I ended up on this driver page. There are 2 options:

- your laptop has a switch that allows to switch from the Intel 945GM to the GeForce 7200 Go.

- your laptop only has one GPU the Intel 945GM.

So get back to the order form... check the laptop specifications and report back.

ps: I move your other post... since is basically a waste of our ressources to answer the same stuff in 2 different places.

At last. I know the problem. after using your Nerd tool, I finally realized that my notebook doesn't have NVIDIA Driver 7200.....But I can't imagine on the first place why on earth the HP Compaq bother to provide the NVIDIA driver in their Software and driver download site......

Well since I have the Intel Graphic driver, then I will stick on it.....life still goes on and Good bye NVIDIA.

Anyway thank you very much for all of your support and assistance. your quick response and guide is much appreciated.

ps: I've e-mail the same issue to HP last 2 days and you know that till now i haven't heard anything from them. (may be their so called technician still figuring out the issue).