LaptopVideo2Go Forums

acer travelmate 3260 with ALC883

milos

Hey ppl, i need some hlp, iv got an acer travelmate 3260 with ALC883 audio codec/realtek high def. audio. Problem is when i insert headphones into the line out/spdif, i get no sound through the headphones but as soon as i pull out the jack, the sound works perfectly through the built in speakers. iv read other threads saying you should delete the winmm audio driver along wid some other sound criteria but it still dont work. iv tried updating the realtek drivers and tried older version but nothing. Iv even installed xp again and the sound through the headphones work perfectly but after 2-3 windows restarts it goes bust again,the closest i got to success was the R32 driver which works, only problem is when the headphones are connected i get sound through the headphones and the built-in speakers at the same time.(p.s the headphones work perfectly)

This problem has really got me on da edge, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

• 1 year later...
Guest butthead099
Hey ppl, i need some hlp, iv got an acer travelmate 3260 with ALC883 audio codec/realtek high def. audio. Problem is when i insert headphones into the line out/spdif, i get no sound through the headphones but as soon as i pull out the jack, the sound works perfectly through the built in speakers. iv read other threads saying you should delete the winmm audio driver along wid some other sound criteria but it still dont work. iv tried updating the realtek drivers and tried older version but nothing. Iv even installed xp again and the sound through the headphones work perfectly but after 2-3 windows restarts it goes bust again,the closest i got to success was the R32 driver which works, only problem is when the headphones are connected i get sound through the headphones and the built-in speakers at the same time.(p.s the headphones work perfectly)

This problem has really got me on da edge, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

just go to acer's website and go to the downloads page. find the drivers and download "Audio driver v5.10.0.5273." then just extract the files to a folder and run setup. this driver comes with a program that lets you adjust all those settings.

- hope i helped