LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GF4 4200 go flash failture, black screen

balorsan

Help,

I was flashing my geforce 4 4200 Go bios to v4.28.20.31.C1, and after restart there is only a black screen :( I dunno what to do :( I don't have any docking station to my Dell D800 with PCI to run the laptop with an other pci graphic card, so i'm in a big trouble :( Do you know any tricks how to reflash my geforce once more?

I have figured out that I need to create a bootable flash drive with dos and auto executing flash tool, but still I dunno how to do It, so I still need your help :|

I decided to make a bootable CD with dos and autoexecuting nvidia flasher (with required files), since on everyones dell laptops 42831C1 bios works, I'll try to install this file. The only thing I want to know now, how much time fashing proces should take (i wan't to how much time I should wait untill restarting the laptop, since monitor is black I dunno when I should do it :| )

To be on the safe side, let it sit for 7 minutes... time to drink a coffee, talk with girl, goto to toilet or smoke a ciggy

• 3 weeks later...
I decided to make a bootable CD with dos and autoexecuting nvidia flasher (with required files), since on everyones dell laptops 42831C1 bios works, I'll try to install this file. The only thing I want to know now, how much time fashing proces should take (i wan't to how much time I should wait untill restarting the laptop, since monitor is black I dunno when I should do it :| )

I have the same situation due to BSOD while flashing. BSOD caused by motherboard or memory failures unrelated to flashing the video BIOS. Like you I created a bootable CD but my system BIOS is in thorough mode POST. I think it doesn't even exit POST to boot because it can't successfully initialize the video card.

Did this work for you?

I may have to insert some beep commands in autoexec.bat to hear when it completes the flash and the script finishes.

• 6 months later...