LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 7300

RyanJoseph

Hey guys, I have just bought an Asus which have an Nvidia GeForce Go7300 and would like if it is upgradable...I searched on internet and i found out it is PCI-E. I don't know whether it is upgradable or not...

Please help!!

Hey guys, I have just bought an Asus which have an Nvidia GeForce Go7300 and would like if it is upgradable...I searched on internet and i found out it is PCI-E. I don't know whether it is upgradable or not...

Please help!!

PCI-e is just the electrical interface. It`s like saying `it runs on 12V`. It`s not because your Marklin train set also runs on 12V that you can plug in your Pullman wagon in your notebook.

I don`t know about this model. If you realy want to know, pop the hood and take a picture but keep in mkind that would void your warranty.

Please help!!

I checked again some friends of mine say it is MXM...It has 512MB VRAM and by the way can someone tell me what is the best driver for it

I checked again some friends of mine say it is MXM...It has 512MB VRAM and by the way can someone tell me what is the best driver for it

I think it is MXM because i opened the .ini file in the video driver and there was this line:

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak",MXMThermalControl,%REG_DWORD%,1

I also checked with the site mxm-upgrade.com and it says that it is MXM-I are those of 128MB VRAM and one of them is the GeForce Go7300.

Maybe it is upgradable?

It isn't necessarily MXM. I don't know if you'd really want to do this, but the easiest way to check without looking around on the internet is by taking off the small panels on the back of your computer. If you find a large-ish square thing with nVidia on it, jackpot.

I haven't seen anything about F3Jc's being MXM though.