LaptopVideo2Go Forums

XPS Gen with Ultra cannot resume standby

ClosetMonster

Hey I have an Inspiron 9300 that has a Nvidia 6800 ULTRA (flashed BIOS to XPS Gen 2.)

Ive tried various drivers to prevent my system from shutting down when attempting to resume from standby, but few have worked. So far, it can hybernate successfully.

If the drivers were successful on AC, they fail when I resume from standby on battery (9 cell). Ive tried to install various drivers with the nHance standby set to 2 and 3, but both still crash on battery.

Before I put the ULTRA in my system, I had the standard 6800 Go with 81.98 drivers without the nHance INF and it had no problems.

Any thoughts about what drivers can prevent this shutdown on both AC and battery?

Any INFs that I should know about that will help my situation or how to fix it myself? Best drivers?

By the way, Ive tried the official Dell 6800 Ultra Drivers from their website, yet the system still shutsdown after standby resume. Cant figure it out - is this purely driver based or hardware?

Thanks

Edited by ClosetMonster