LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[GENERIC QUESTION] Can i upgrade my graphics card?

adam6165

Hi! I have a laptop Dell 9400 and nvidia go 7800- using win xp, but i can not upgrade the driver for it. What can i do?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smax

• Ice-Tea

• zipper

• adam6165

Team,

Running a Dell Latitude D630 with NVidia Quadro NVS 135M. Downloaded the 84.25 driver and modded INF, got through the install process and the 135M was not on the list of compatible hardware devices (jumped from 120M to 200s).

Trying to run Oblivion IV.

Can ya help?

• 2 weeks later...

I have nvidia geforce go 6600 powered notebook

My Configuration is

Toshiba Tecra S2

Proc 1.73 Ghz

System Memory 2GB

HDD 80GB

Graphic card Nvidia Geforce Go 6600 64 MB turbochace up to 512MB

Question is:

Can I upgrade my notebook graphic card to Nvidia geforce go 6600 128 mb or higher

And where online shop sell it?

Note:

Im from Indonesia

Edited by Dheo Pratama

• 3 weeks later...
hi i have a geforce go 6100 card. Im having a few issues with it running certain games and want to upgrade. Quesion is can i or not. I have a packard bell easynote sw51-201 with 1gb ram. My prcessor is an AMD sempron 1.8ghz. I have recently been attempting to use these inf thingys but cant seem to fathom it.

Thanks, Adam.

yes you can i upgraded my GPU from a Nvidia Geforce 6150LE to a PNY Nvidia Geforce 8500GT and it worked.I have an AMD Sepron 1.8Ghz and 1Gb ram.i think the only problem would be your pawer supply.Most cards need a minimum of 300 w.if you want to upgrade you can.

Hi,

I have a Compal IFL 90 with a GF 8600M GT. SiSoft Sandra tells me i have a PEG J6C1 Slot. This should be a slot for a PCIe Graphics adapter. Does anybody know if the 8600 Gt is exchangeable on me board? Dont get me wrong, i dont want to upgrade at this point ;-) but i want to know if it is possible in the future.

HI there , i wish to upgrade my either CPU or graphic card

My processor is P M 1.86Ghz

1G DDR2 ( i think it's DDR2) ram

Geforce 6600 go 128 mb

is it possible i upgrade my card or CPU???

Many thx

Marco

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I have an Acer Aspire 5520

AMD Turion64 x 2 1.9 GHz

2 GB Ram

Geforce 7000m / Nforce 610M

it's an integrated card.. but is there any way to update it? or some external grapihc card?

• 1 month later...

I have a real good computer but an ok graphics card. I have 2 questions. 1. Is this card good enough to play games like frontlines fuel of war, halo 2, and other good shooting games? and 2. Can I replace this card with another one or is it immposible. Here are my stats.

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)

AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology Gold Edition TL-64 (2.2 GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache

2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

HDMI support is available with discrete graphics

160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support

Thanks alot for your help

Hey, the best thing to do is to look at what is needed on the back of the game box in order to find out if your computer is compatable and good enough. Your computer sounds like it may be able to handle fast running games like frontline fuels of war.

Spec for Fuels of war

Min system requirements: Pentium 4 2.5GHz+, 1GB RAM, 3GB HD, NVIDIA 6 or higher w/256MB, DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Compare this with the spec of your computer, it looks like it will work fine :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi, i got the dell vostro 1400 with Geforce 8400M GS, is it upgradeable? btw, how to upgrade? still struggling with gpu temp, gaming around 7x Celsius is killing me even I got the Cooler Master Notepal Infinite. :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi there :

Can I replace my card with another one. is it immposible?? if yes what the cards i can use.

asus G2S

Motherboard Name Asus G2000S Series Notebook

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (256 MB)

CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 @ 2.40GHz

thanks

Edited by G2S ASUS

I was wondering if it was possible to change the graphic card of a laptop.

Mostly not but in some cases yes. If the chip is soldered to the MoBo, not possible. Some vendors use modular cards with own design/connectors, so mostly a card from the same laptop family may fit. Some vendors use MXM standard cards, where a card from a different brand may work. But a problem persists: does the Bios support the new card? You may find many different brands of the laptop built into the same chassis from the same OEM supplier, there the probability of success is high.

My machine (see sidebar) has a Go 7600. Since I've noticed xMacLeoDx posting about his P100 which has a Go 7900 GTX, it's worth asking:

- Is this machine upgradable?

- Where can I get hold of one of these cards (I've seen one or two on Ebay)?

Toshiba released an extremely limited range of the P100 in the UK, when compared with the US market, which is probably why the only ones I've seen on Ebay are in the US.

• 1 month later...

I need to know if I can upgrade this laptop. Info is on the left.

• 2 weeks later...

HP Pavilion dv6700t

Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 (2.50GHz)

4GB DDR2 System Memory

256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Do I have any options?

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite notebook with an Nvidia Geforce 8700M GT SLI enabled 512mb graphics card. I was just wondering if it can be upgraded to the new 9800M gt or gtx? The specs on my laptop are:

- Intel core 2 duo 2.4 ghz

- 2gb ddr 3 ram

- geforce 8700M gt 512mb (dedicated) but total set at 1200mb.

- windows vista ultimate

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

hi guys .. im using hp compaq v3700 with nvidia geforce 7150/630i.. amd turion x2 any chance of upgrading? if not can u guys give me a detailed image step by ste guide on how to upgrade my ram?

thanx in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I want to know if my asus M70 with the crappy 9600m GS be upgrated to the 9800m GT ? Been looking at Asus site with no help

Thanks Ian

• 1 month later...
Guest vagrant

hi i have a geforce 8600m gs card. Im having a few issues with it running certain games and want to upgrade. Quesion is can i or not. I have a acer aspire 5920g with 3gb ram. My processor is an T5500.

Can i uppgrade this video card to

ASUS NVIDIA 8600M GT 256MB GDDR3 Graphics Card for C90S / C90P Notebook ( GT / HTD / 256M / A (C473) - MXM II v2.0 )?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
hi i have a geforce 8600m gs card. Im having a few issues with it running certain games and want to upgrade. Quesion is can i or not. I have a acer aspire 5920g with 3gb ram. My processor is an T5500.

Can i uppgrade this video card to

ASUS NVIDIA 8600M GT 256MB GDDR3 Graphics Card for C90S / C90P Notebook ( GT / HTD / 256M / A (C473) - MXM II v2.0 )?

Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NVIDIA-GeForce-8600M-G...%3A1%7C294%3A50

It`s MXM II, so it should fit. But also you should know, it`s on your own risk.