LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[GENERIC QUESTION] Can i upgrade my graphics card?

adam6165

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smax

• Ice-Tea

• zipper

• adam6165

I have an Acer Aspire 5520G with MXM2 and Geforce 8600M GS. Would a 9600M GT work ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can i upgrade my 2500M in my dell M90? if so what with?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kolroy

wait wait lemme get this straight, to upgrade my graphics card from Laptopvideo2go, i actually need to take out my graphics card? oh crap!

And if i don't i have a...

Toshiba A10

Nvidia Geforce 7300 256 Ram

I have 1.00 GB of Ram on my Laptop

I'm trying to upgrade this to a 177.73 card, is this possible? If not, what do you recommend for Mass Effect?

wait wait lemme get this straight, to upgrade my graphics card from Laptopvideo2go, i actually need to take out my graphics card? oh crap!

And if i don't i have a...

Toshiba A10

Nvidia Geforce 7300 256 Ram

I have 1.00 GB of Ram on my Laptop

I'm trying to upgrade this to a 177.73 card, is this possible? If not, what do you recommend for Mass Effect?

No... this thread is for physically switching to a different graphics card, a newer, more powerful one. You can update the drivers without having to open your laptop at all.

Directions are in the driver threads... I can't recommend a good driver myself, but Dox's ones are what I've been using lately. I'm sure someone else can give you a good recommendation for Mass Effect.

Guest Bradley

Hi there, i am looking to buy An Alienware Area-51 m5500 notebook. I think that they are meant to have NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600 128MB MXM , how much am i able to upgrade this?

Hi there,

I noticed your forum, and i'm desperatly searching for new drivers for my graphic card, the one I have are from 2007...

My graphic card is a Nvidia Quadro NVS 120M, from Dell Latitude D820 laptop.

I searched on the forums and website, but couldn't find the 120M listed, i hope it's not over...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Due to recent crashes, Vista unable to pick up the gpu itself and several other symptoms and after a full, clean reinstall of Vista, new and old driver installs and I few million other things I have tried, I've been forced to come to reason that it might be the gpu dieing. So is it at all possible to upgrade my gpu on this notebook?;

-Asus F3Sv Notebook

-Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20ghz (2 CPUs)

-4gb of (lovely) DDR2 RAM

-and drum roll... a crappy, not so good Nvidia Geforce 8600m GS with 256 mb VRAM]

This is my last hope, so is there any chance? :)

• 2 weeks later...

With highest probability: no.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How can I find out the form factor of my GPU? MXM? Have a HP Elitebook 8530w Quad with a nVidia FX770M w/512MB RAM. Any tips or suggestions for what card to replace it with?

You can just use cards with HP origin as the HP bios is well protected from unauthorized tampering.

• 5 months later...

I have a SOny Vaio VGN-FZ18L with a 8400gt 64mb, i hoping that i can upgrade it as 64mb is very fail for gaming now, if i can upgrade it is the limitation the MXM and not a similar core?

• 1 year later...

I have an Asus F50Sv notebook with T9550 Core2Duo processor, 4GB DDR2 RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 120M GPU, which is basically an underclocked version of 130M (120M 500MHz, 130M 600MHz). I think it is a MXM II type card, but I am not certain. My question is, can I replace it with, lets say, GTX 260M, or HD 4650 or HD 5650? Thanks in advance.