LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Call of Duty 2 + Vista = ?

nerdgeek

Hi,

*firstpost*^^

I just installed Call f Duity 2 on my brand new Vista (Vista Business Build 6000 (the latest :) )) ....and the Singleplayer is working on the same grphic level as on XP very fine....the multiplayer too...but not as the Singlyplayer it needs over a minuet to load (once my screensaver turned on :) ). Under XP I doubleklicked the Multiplayer Icon and 5 seconds later I was able to choose a Server....now I have to wait years and years^^

I installed patch 1.3 (latest) and the 97.52 geforce vista driver (from this forum)

3,2 ghz P4

2gb ram

geforce go 6800

mfg

nerdgeek

Since you have the official version of Vista... file a bug at both Microsoft and Activision. Since you have a MSDN account it will be pretty efficient and Microsoft will kickly give you an answer and a follow up on the bug.

As a software developer (you wouldn't get a MSDN account otherwise) you probably know that the most complex software are likely to give issues. Games being the worse since they use all the hardware ressources to the max.

One last thing that SHOCKS me... screensaver launching during a game... hmm it's time to dump the screensaver for good.

ps: you should stick to XP until nVidia release the next generation of driver officially supporting Vista... it'll probably be on january 29th since Vista officially ships on the 30th.

oh i'm sorry the screensaver was trying to launch...that was during my black screen when my pc thried to load cod2 mp^^ ingame the my screensaver never came...yet^^

no i am not having an msdn account....but i will try to contact them...but i dont think they would follow my "bugtip" because what does a business man with an ego shooter^^

I was kidding... just to point out that you are using a pirated copy of Vista. :)

###### the only 2 guys I taunted today... one has a company that upgrade to Vista (scary) the other is a MSDN suscriber. :)

My bet is that a lot need to be ironed out on Vista so some apps/games won't work out of the box.

Wait for the official release and the first official drivers... later this month.

ok... was just a question...thought u guys would maybe know...but thanks