International Files: True

Comments

Original INF only supports:
  • NVIDIA_G80.DEV_0191.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX"
  • NVIDIA_G80.DEV_0193.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS"

Changelog/Release Notes

ISSUES RESOLVED

Single GPU Mode:

• Splinter Cell Double Agent: Some surfaces are corrupt.
  • Halo: Character images are corrupted.
  • Oblivion: Streaks appear in the sky after a few minutes of gameplay.
  • 3DMark06 reports incorrect driver performance when using CSAA:16Q antialiasing.
  • Blue-screen crash occurs when burning a DVD while watching TV.
  • Updated NVIDIA Control Panel categories do not install the previous driver version remains.
  • NVIDIA Control Panel: Error occurs on the help page when "smoothness" or "jagged" links are clicked from the Adjust Image Settings with Preview page.

SLI Mode:

• SLI: The SLI profile for any application is ignored if steam.exe is running and the application resolution does not match the desktop resolution.

OPEN ISSUES

Issues Found on XPS 710 using NVIDIA 8800 GTX cards:

• 1. Card shows up as G80-300 in Device Manager.
  • 2. No SLI capable pop-up message.
  • 3. Default setting for a dual card configuration is SLI disabled. SLI can manually be enabled by a user.
  • 3. Black Screen/Lock up on resume from Standby (S1)
  • 4. Can not Clone or Extend desktop to the TV out when connected via Composite or Component.
  • 5. Mouse cursor will disappear sometimes when the Cineplayer power management warning message appears.

Issues found on the XPS 410 using NVIDIA 8800 GTX card:

• 1. Hard lock when resuming from Standby (S3) in clone mode on XPS 410.
  • 2. Hard lock and/or Reboot when resuming from standby (S3) with extended desktop on XPS 410.

Single GPU Mode:

• The media player hangs when playing MPEG2 HD video clips using overlay in 1080i and then switching to full-screen mode.
    his issue does not occur in other HD modes or with VMR.
  • Memory clock changes cannot be performed in multi-monitor mode.
    This issue does not apply to single-display mode.
  • Battlefield 2: Corruption and flickering occur in the grass when video settings are set to High.
  • Star Wars: Republic Commando: Application crashes when starting a new game.
  • Tiger Woods 2006: Flickering shadows appear during gameplay.
  • After switching from S-Video to Component format, the setting reverts back to S-Video on some HDTVs.
  • Call of Juarez: Corrupted vertical shadows appear during gameplay.
  • Switching from Vertical Span mode to Horizontal Span mode causes the NVIDIA Control Panel to crash.
  • Running Direct3D applcations when in rotate mode results in corrupted 3D images.

SLI Mode:

• Company of Heroes, SLI: Screen corruption occurs when "Enhance the Application Setting" mode is set to 4x or 8x in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
  • 3DMark 2005: Intermittent, horizontal, single-pixel width lines are drawn on the screen during CPU Test 1.
    This issue does not occur with VSync enabled.
  • With SLI mode enabled, playing a DVD from Windows Media Player or PowerDVD on an HDTV at 480i or 480p causes the system to hang.
  • The system boots with a blank display if the monitor is moved to the second GPU.
    To work around this issue, connect the monitor into the display connector that is closest to the motherboard, on the first GPU (the one closest to the CPU).
  • Far Cry, SLI: Flickering and shifting sky occurs in the Research level when SLI is enabled.
    This issue does not occur with V-Sync enabled.
  • Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter: The desktop becomes corrupted after exiting the game when the SLI split line is enabled.
    This issue does not occur when the SLI split line is disabled.
  • Serious Sam 2, SLI: SLI split line does not show any scaling until a resolution change is made.
    Although the SLI split line is not moving, FRAPS still should show performance scaling.
  • Playback fails on Cyberlink Blu-ray player through component-out HDTV at 720p and 1080i.
    480p mode plays back with no issues.
  • When setting HDTV mode at 1080p resolution, there is no TV display output. When connecting Composite PAL mode, there is noise on the display.
  • Changes to the Flat Panel Scaling options are not saved when closing and reopening the NVIDIA Control Panel.
  • Hitman Contracts: Corruption occurs at several places when the "Weather Details" High setting is selected from the game control panel.

If you encounter any other issues pls. make sure to read the Release Notes.PDF and scroll down to the section "Not NVIDIA issues" or post a message in here for support.

Documents

Support

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.5.4

Lol....umm, try not to quote the entire message next time. :)

It works on my laptop, but still has the increasing CPU usage over time bug with the nVIDIA service. I run a batch script on startup now that delays 60 seconds and then stops the service, which is basically not needed after startup unless you need to change driver settings.

@ping 127.0.0.1 -n 60 -w 1000 > nul
sc stop NVSvc

cheers

Stopping NVSVC32 is and was always a bad workaround. As soon as you forgot that you've stopped the service from starting automatically on each reboot i'll bet you WILL sooner or later encounter problems. Please don't promote this bad habit in our forums.

I did not stop the service from starting automatically... The batch file that runs on starup waits 60 seconds and then stops the service. So the service does have time to startup and do it's thing on each reboot.

If you know of a workaround to stop the service from using over 20% cpu without having to kill the process, then I think we're all... all ears.

:) now on a second read: :P

But still - my workaround would be to use a driver that works for my particularly GPU... so i don't run in danger of changing a setting for a game or whatever and after reboot this setting is lost as NVSVC was not running.

I would put your solution on my desktop so it's visible all the time and hopefully reminds me that i disabled the service in case i encounter unexplainable NV CPL problems :)

added changelog due to official release today.

Hi,

Can someone extend some info for me on the nvidia service and why it's a bad thing to stop it. What exactly does this service do at boot up? I know this will sound naive to most but I have been stuck in the notion of disabling most if not everything from starting up on my computers for years, I prefer to run things manually.

I haven't really seen anything bad from stopping the nvidia things that run during boot up but if it really degrades the systems reliability and stability I might start to enable this in the future.

The main thing it does in my experience is configure the drivers with the settings stored in the registry. I don't use nView or anything extra so it could effect that, but I don't know.

But anyways, yeah when the computer first boots into Windows, the driver service configures the drivers. This is very important because none of the settings you made in the forceware control panel will be set. It also doesn't set the 3D clock speed to whatever you have it set to, so if you disable the service from even starting at boot, you'll be gaming at 2D clock speeds. At least this is my experience with my 7800GTX. It could be only my bios, or only the 7x00 series, but I would bet that it effects all of them since the seperate 2D/3D clock speeds is a function of the drivers.

Also, I think that if you are using application profiles to adjust settings for a specific exe, I don't think the settings will change used unless the service is running when you are using that exe. I could be wrong, but it seems that is something that would be handled by the service as well.

For my use, just the basic drivers and no application profiles, it seems to be smooth sailing stopping the service after it's had a chance to boot up. And i also run the service if I'm going to do anything in the forceware control panel. (i still use classic control panel) And I also have the service running if I'm messing around with Riva Tuner.

It would be interesting to find out what all the service actually does. I've wondered if it handles the driver's AI functions. Anyone have any insight?

In my Amilo 4438 it controls the fan speed - without it the fan runs always, but not at full speed. The fan is controlled by CPU and GPU temperature.

one more stab in the back for 8800 vista users.

It's a Nightly Build for one single system. Besides Vista is a new OS and they might not even have a workable set yet past the last one due to the new system design.

Why ForceWare Doesn't Work on the Windows Vista ;/ for My Card GF 2 MX/MX 400 ;/

ForceWare Don't install ;/

I Add Modded Inf

plz Help me

Edited by FlywiN

Vista uses the LDDM drivers while 2k/XP/2k3 all use the WDM format. Two different driver designs.

Why ForceWare Doesn't Work on the Windows Vista ;/ for My Card GF 2 MX/MX 400 ;/

ForceWare Don't install ;/

I Add Modded Inf

plz Help me

Don't try and use vista unless you have a go5200 or better (the only GPU's Vista will enable Aero for )

I couldn't get the drivers to work on my GF2go either and have upgraded because of this.

With most applications I get much better results with these drivers than I do with my old OEM ones, however they cause me to get a BSOD every time I load up World of Warcraft. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I just have a quick question, I have an Alienware m5550i with the WuXGA display (1920x1200) and the Display shows up on my system as "Default Display on Nvidia Geforce Go 7600". Now to get the Nvidia drivers to install I had to modify the INF file to support my chipset, the modified one from this site kept making the laptop bluescreen because of an error with nv4_disp.dll. So anyways my question is I cannot find a driver specific for my display and was wondering if anyone might have one. I have already looked at dell's site to see if they might have one and also have looked all over the internet but have yet to find a thing. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Oh and also I have a few bugs to work out with the custom inf for the alienware display drivers, mainly being when you first start up the computer after you log in the laptop seems to freeze for a minute or two and then is fine. Once I can figure this out I will put the INF up on the forum for anyone that might need it.

Umm, how about using the one that alienware provides for you? :)

That would be a brilliant idea, I wish I had thought to check the website of the company who made my laptop for the driver I'm missing..... Oh wait I forgot I already did. That is why I am here asking if anyone has that driver. Im looking for the driver for the LCD screen not the video card. Alienware does not have a specific driver for it. So since you obviously must have this driver already, it would be nice if instead of trying to be a ball bag you could help out and point me in the right direction.

I tried this driver, it caused a lot of trouble. When i restarted, nothing showed up on my laptop. It was just a black screen, i had to go to safe mode and revert back to 96.98

• 2 weeks later...

I've currently installed the 97.02-drivers from this website end everything is working fine. I have heard abaout this issue with the nvsc32.exe for the first time and I wonder if this problem occours with my current driver too. I couldn't find this service runnig on my system. How do I know if this service is using 20% of my cpu-usage?

Edited by therealleimi

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and bring up the Task Manager. Under the Processes tab, look for the nvsvc32 task.

The increasing CPU load doesn't affect everyone. I've been running 97.92 since it was released and it's always at 0 for me.

hm I can't find the mentioned service in my task-manager. Should this service be running on every system with forceware drivers?