LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers for internal wi-fi card toshiba satellite pro 4600

ChubbyLittleSailor

Hi there all

I'm having trouble with a toshiba satellite pro 4600 laptop. It has a built in wireless card that hasn't worked (as far as I know) since my brother has had the laptop. I have posted on 2 other forums (here and here), but have arrived back at the same point where as soon as I put the card in, it does not find the right drivers for it, and comes up with the 2 items in the device manager (win98SE) with problems - without the card it works fine!

Please can anyone tell me where to find the right drivers for the card it is called: MPC13A-20, and the chip on the back say lucent. this seems to be the same as the agere card but I can't seem to find any drivers for the lucent - does anyone know if the Agere drivers will work?

Any help much appreciated, many thanks in advance,

CLS

If chipset is Agere, give v7.82.0.550/v8.72 - generic AGERE driver/firmware a go in this thread.

How do I know if the chipset is agere? the chips on the card are mostly lucent, but they have nearly the same serial numbers as one of the agere cards and they layout is exactly the same (having found a picture of a agere card on some japanese auction web site) - any thoughts as to whether they have the same 'chipset' just in a different casing? Many thanks!

Well I decided to install windows XP without that card installed and it has got all the way through - so i guess that card was causing the error. I may try and install the card once I have XP all set up how I want (and create a restore point!) Looks like I have almost solved this on my own - but any help still appreciated!!! Cheers!

Well since driver is generic, if it has a Agere chipset, it will probably install. Otherwise will not find a compatible device. Since your are on XP, try the version 8 in the thread.

Right - cool - I'll give it a go and let youy know how it goes!! Thanks!!!

MPC13A-20 i think is the Toshiba part no.

Lucent isn't anymore... it's now AGERE. You can always run the NERD (see my signature) tool to exactly determine the innards (specifications) of your laptop.