LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sony .inf help needed

Guest Becki

I installed the 84.21 driver initially with my original sony .inf file asI had read here that would be best for vaio laptop (I have GRT916V) but it was asking for the nvinstnt.dll file which it cant locate - I installed the driver without this but it wont play vids. Then I tried the same driver with the modified .inf which works but the screen flickers about 7/8 times upon startup of windows as if it is trying to settle itself down and this seems to take ages. Bare with me as I am a newbie but have read so much on this site that now I seem stuck.

I tried the 84.21 as this worked for someone else with a Vaio running a Geforce 5600 Go. Any help much appreciated x

First uninstall 84.21 from control panel, then download 84.25, extract it, replace the original inf with modded inf and run the setup.

First uninstall 84.21 from control panel, then downlaod 84.25, extract it, replace the original inf with modded inf and run the setup.

thanks I'll give that one a try - It seems that the modded inf's make the screen all funny on start up yet the original sony infs are fine....I had read about using these but thats where Im getting the installation problem.Will let you know how I get on.

First uninstall 84.21 from control panel, then downlaod 84.25, extract it, replace the original inf with modded inf and run the setup.

nope same problem with it flickering all the time upon startup- darn thing Im desparately trying to get it to work with easy media creator as that freezes upon burn and theyre telling me its a driver issue grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-(

I doubt it will work but give 84.25 another go with the INF I've attached. It's coolbits value is set to disabled by Enhancer.

nv4_disp.inf

I doubt it will work but give 84.25 another go with the INF I've attached. It's coolbits value is set to disabled by Enhancer.

it wont let me download the file it just goes to an empty search page?

Works fine, right click the link and save the target file.

Works fine, right click the link and save the target file.

right im royally stuffed now LOL it is taking me about 10 minutes to start up and shot down - I tried that driver and it didnt work and seems to have left my system really unstable even though ive added the old driver back.....it hangs on the desktop picture for ages with no icons at all and then literally after 10 minutes starts. I uninstalled the good driver and reinstalled but no joy.....do you know what the problem is now?

Guest Thomacski  SONY PROBLEM PLEASE H

HI!

I have a sony vaio vgn fs760 with a gforce go 6400.My problem is that any game i start playing freezes,stops in like 5 mintues into the game.Or it machine restarts.I have tried different drivers from this site including 84.21,84.69,and almost all 70s.What else can be the problem?Do i have a broken video card?Please help because it is really frustrating that i can`t play anything.Call of duty 2 was running fine a year ago.But if my video card would be enough then i could not even start playing right?

Please help me.Thank you

right im royally stuffed now LOL it is taking me about 10 minutes to start up and shot down - I tried that driver and it didnt work and seems to have left my system really unstable even though ive added the old driver back.....it hangs on the desktop picture for ages with no icons at all and then literally after 10 minutes starts. I uninstalled the good driver and reinstalled but no joy.....do you know what the problem is now?

all sorted and finally back to normal now - Ive decided to contact sony for their help as I dont appreciate paying £1600 for a laptop 2 years ago that is now useless with the software I want to use. Any help in the meantime solving this would be much appreciated.