LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Very serious problem with GeForce Go 7600

Guest raf256

First of all, hi to everyone........

Very recently i bought a laptop Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pi 1557 Dual Core T2500 2GHz with GeForce Go 7600 256MB

I tried a number of games such as Oblivion, SSam2 and Call of Cthulhu and although the games run fast with all details on maximum, after seconds of starting the game the textures get messed up. There are artifacts (black and coloured spots) mainly on sky textures and menus, game textures get replaced by smooth coloured surfaces (purple and yellow most often) and usually textures extend infinitely into the game world. Morrowind runs okay though.

I noticed that is caused mainly by setting Textures to Maximum and probably anti-Aliasing as well although i didn't test this much to be certain. It must be a combination of these two. if i set textures to Medium or Low and no anti-aliasing i don't see this problem. I tested this with SSam2.

This is what i have already done:

-Using info from this excellent site, i played with various drivers such as 91.33, 84.21, 84.25, 86.02, 84.71 and others but to no avail.....Let me say that i first uninstall the old ones and i even use driver cleaner and registry cleaner programs before i install the new drivers. I have even try to update my drivers with a newer version but again nothing...........

-I have repeatedly try to re-install Directx 9.0c in case a .dll is corrupt.

Can anyone please help me with this issue? I'm getting really desperate. Currently i have 91.33 drivers.

Thanks a lot.

It could be a driver problem, give a newer driver ago (95 series)

The go7600 is a recent GPU's so the older drivers arn't going to be any good if there is a problem that a software fix will cure

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response

I will try a driver of the 95 series as you said and see what happens. Is there a specific one that you would suggest that would also be compatible with my card?

If anyone has experienced similar problems or has anything to suggest no matter how trivial please do so, this problem is bothering me for more than a week now...

thanks again

Perhaps overheating? Try to downclock your core and memory by 20 - 30 % or/and measure your temperatures during play - nvidia temp

logger keeps a log of your gpu temperatures.

Perhaps overheating? Try to downclock your core and memory by 20 - 30 % or/and measure your temperatures during play - nvidia temp

logger keeps a log of your gpu temperatures.

Thanks for the advice

The problem with the textures kicks in almost immediately after i start the game before the cpu has a chance to increase its temperature too much

i think it must be something else.............i probably should mention that i run Win XP SP2

thanks

Still test downclocking to test if the chip(s) is/are on the border of tolerance or defective. If downclocking helps, bad hardware is at least a part of your problem.