LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Go 7600 driver problems

Infinity

Ok I have been having a lot of issues with my drivers lately, and I will try to lay out the whole thing. About a month ago I started to get real bad video lag while I was gaming, and someone suggested to get new video drivers. So I go the the Nvidia site and they have nothing for Go 7600 cards and so i went searching and found this site. I Downloaded the 84.25 driver and got that running and the game was running smooth as ever. Everything was all good for about two weeks, then during a game a blue screen popped up for a split second and my computer crashed. I got back into the game and I was lagging like crazy. So I went and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a couple of times until I got no lag. This worked for about a week, and then one day I have crazy video lag again. So I go back to uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to try and fix it, and I cannot get rid of the lag. This is where I am now, and I have the 87.08 driver currently installed. I was hoping for some feedback on this to see how I could fix it, or should I go ahead and reformat my computer. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hi,

why don't you try a newer driver, maybe 91.33, 91.73 or 97.44? I also have a GeForce Go 7600 on my laptop and i have horrible problems with corrupted game textures. I tried to play oblivion, ssam 2 and call of cthulhu but the textures get corrupted and the game becomes unplayable. Have you tried these games? Do you have the same problems? I also formatted my laptop but the problems persisted so format only when there is nothing else to try.

Hey thank you for the help! I have tried about 5 different drivers and they didnt work, but I installed the 91.33 driver, like you suggested, and all is well. Thanks for the input. My problems weren't with textures but with video lag. I have about a 2.4 mb connection and my ping would shoot up to 150 from 50, so that is a video lag problem, but after playing 2 minutes into the round it would level off until I got into a gun fight. Now with the 91.33 driver it runs smooth the whole time, but it still has a bit of lag during gun fights. The games I play are CS:S, CoD 2, and CoD but mainly CoD 1 because I enjoy the gameplay of that a lot better.

Ok New problem...

Everything went well with the 91.33 driver for about an hour of gaming, then I started to get lag again. :) I am now wondering if I have heat issues, but I keep the computer well ventulated. Any suggestions?