LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce Go7400 on HP Pavillion 6189

kommic86

Hello there,

I seem unable to use multiple display to hook up to my TV using an S-video cable.

I used to have a HP Pavillion 5000 before, and in that i only had to use the fn+f4 button to get the display working on the TV using the S-video cable.

Before i continue, i must admit that i have tried everything and i mean everything to get it to work, unfortuntely, it just doesnt work......well actually it did work once, but after i switched the laptop off, it hasnt worked again.

I am using the latest drivers for HP. I know my way around the Nvidia display settings pretty well as i have experimented alot with them.

One problem i have is that, the laptop keeps recognising my TV as a 720p TV. Tried it on an LG Plasma TV and it had the same results.

It did work once before on my JVC, but if i changed the resolution to anything other than 1280x720 then it would start flickering on the TV.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem?? I will greatly appreciate any suggestions and help i can get.

Just tried again, the main problem is that when i try to change the video output on Nview, it doesnt change, i try choosing pal/ntsc but it keeps returning back to 1080i or 720p. All it does now is it keeps flickering black and white lines.

Help out guys...

Thanks

Edited by kommic86

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Another Guest
Hello there,

I seem unable to use multiple display to hook up to my TV using an S-video cable.

I used to have a HP Pavillion 5000 before, and in that i only had to use the fn+f4 button to get the display working on the TV using the S-video cable.

Before i continue, i must admit that i have tried everything and i mean everything to get it to work, unfortuntely, it just doesnt work......well actually it did work once, but after i switched the laptop off, it hasnt worked again.

I am using the latest drivers for HP. I know my way around the Nvidia display settings pretty well as i have experimented alot with them.

One problem i have is that, the laptop keeps recognising my TV as a 720p TV. Tried it on an LG Plasma TV and it had the same results.

It did work once before on my JVC, but if i changed the resolution to anything other than 1280x720 then it would start flickering on the TV.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem?? I will greatly appreciate any suggestions and help i can get.

Just tried again, the main problem is that when i try to change the video output on Nview, it doesnt change, i try choosing pal/ntsc but it keeps returning back to 1080i or 720p. All it does now is it keeps flickering black and white lines.

Help out guys...

Thanks

I'm having the same problems. I just bought s-video cable from radio shack last night and connected my pavillion dv6000 with GeForce Go 7400 to my SONY xbr tv (not hdtv; regular tv) but all I see are black and white lines. I tried drivers originally installed on my laptop as well as the ones I downloaded from here but to no avail. The best I was able to get was a smudgy almost unrecognizable black and white picture of my desktop wallpaper. I tried various settings but it didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks.

I'm having the same problems. I just bought s-video cable from radio shack last night and connected my pavillion dv6000 with GeForce Go 7400 to my SONY xbr tv (not hdtv; regular tv) but all I see are black and white lines. I tried drivers originally installed on my laptop as well as the ones I downloaded from here but to no avail. The best I was able to get was a smudgy almost unrecognizable black and white picture of my desktop wallpaper. I tried various settings but it didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks.

I had this problem also. I have the pavillion dv6000, and I bought it a little before christmas time. Downloading the drivers from HP actually fixed the problem for me. I downloaded the two nvidia drivers from this page:

Driver Downloads for HP Pavillion dv6000

The drivers listed there were actually a downgrade for me, and they disabled the support for fn+F4, but they fixed the TV problem.

After that, I was able to use the nvidia display settings to clone an image to my TV.

Hope that helps :)

-Glen