LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Blue Screen of Death problem when playing WoW

dirtayj

ok. hopefully someone here can help me.

latley i have been haveing a really bad problem with crashes when playing WoW. this has been going on for about a month now. everyone told me it was my video drivers(a cupple of the stop codes pointed to nv4_disp.dll and nv4_mini.sys). So i was sent here by some people to get new drivers. well first off i tried 97.92. that crashed WoW right away. so after some digging i found that the 97.44 driver should be more stable. Well last night went great. It was very easy to do. i was bit nervous cause i have never messed with drivers befor. anyways, I played WoW for almost 3 hours with now problems (befor that it would crash about 30mins in). Now today i got home from work and ready to play some wow. Well almost 30mins in today it crashed again with a stop code of STOP: 0x0000050. then i restarted and tried again. this time about a half hour in i got this stop code STOP: 0x000000C2.

anyone have any sugestions for me?

thanks in advance

also i ran hardware tests on my ram, video card and hard drives. all came up good. and updated all the drivers i could on HP's site.

my last resort is to do a system restore. could this even help though? i dont think it would but its all i have left to try.

ok so i was trying to play some more. i turned off vert sync and things seamed well. then about a hour later i got a

STOP: 0x0000008E

nv4.disp.dll

so i hate to do it, but anyone have a suggestion on which driver might work?

I had this exact same problem with the drivers you have tried. On the other hand, 92.91 drivers seem to work very good. Try them out! :)