LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can't find a functionable driver...

ezekiel2003

Hey guys,

my problem is that i tried a lot of drivers but everyone gave me a really bad performance in 3DMark06. The only driver that performs well ist the standard Dell A02 (92.77). Maybe someone can give me an advice which driver i can also use??? Is the problem that my GPU is too new??? I don't like to stuck with the original Dell driver!!!

Thanks in advance...

Edited by ezekiel2003

Your GPU is very new (see news posting)

I've just begun to ad it to some of the newer Vista drivers.

What you could do with XP drivers is force a Quadro FX2500M install.

You'll get the 3500 performance but the installer will be fooled into thinking you have a 2500 (so that it will install)

Yes, i'm using XP at the moment. Is it possible that you create a modded .inf for the 92.77 driver?? i would highly appreciate it...When is it possible to get a modded stable running XP driver for my GPU? Do you have something in preparation???

Thanks in advance...

92.77 has support for the 3500

it was the relase driver for the 3500, you should already have this inluded with the machine.

Did you mean a different driver ?

I meant can you modify an .inf for the 92.77 driver, so that i can use the oc function for example. That was my question...

Where can i get this inf? --> v31.98 Added support for the Quadro FX3500M

And can i use it for every newer driver??? ...Sorry, when some questions are maybe a littlebit strange...but i'm not so into it.

Thanks in advance...

INF made and uploaded, go wild :)

No Chance. Got no installation! The .INF didn't work with the downloaded driver from here and it didn't work with the Dell driver. Both 92.77. Don't know what the problem is??? The installation was totally quick and the driver didn't install itself. After reboot had no installed driver. Had the same problem with the 84.69 Driver a few days ago...But with the normal inf it worked perfectly. Seems you'll have a littlebit work to do...

Thanks in advance...

Edited by ezekiel2003

Have another try with INF v31.98a

made a slight adjustment.

Where can i find that INF (v31.98a)?

Is it the INF that is downloadable next to the 92.77 driver?

If yes, i downloaded it, but had the same problems like before...

If no, can you give me a link for download?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by ezekiel2003

You have tried v31.98a INF, replaced the original INF ?

It should work

Where can i find the v31.98a INF?????

The INF that is downloadable next to the 92.77 driver ist the v31.98 INF!!!

Where can i find the "a"- Version????

Curse Dell and their Uppercase INF names.

All fixed finally (tested)

Now I want nothing but good news

• 12 years later...

Although well aware that this is really old thread, I can't find any other topic nor thread to in which to post.  Simply put, I am looking for an updated/"modded(?)" driver for my Nvidia Quadro FX 2500M for my Dell Inspiron E170532-bit laptop.  My operating system is Windows 10 Build 18362.

Any(!) helpful advice, especially *download links*, would be appreciated.

NB: I have already tried the drivers found on the the Dell and Microsoft sites.  The Dell versions made for Vista are what I'm using now.  The MS one returns too many BSODs.

Moderator(s): If this post is in wrong thread, please accept my apologies and move it to where it belongs.  Thank you.