mobilenvidia

NVIDIA driver v100.40 for Windows Vista 32bit

INF Modified | Make A Donation

Driver Information

• Released By: NVIDIA
  • Driver Version: 100.40
  • Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit
  • Driver Date: 2006-12-22 (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Driver Size: 15.66MB (MD5: 4e8f24c2768e21f9b7d9b3df85265eb6)
  • MS WHQL Certificate: False
  • Setup Files Included: True
  • Languages Included: English only

Information Files (2 files supporting 36 models)

* nvam.inf supports 18 models:
[DEV_00C0] NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS
[DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_19011043] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800
[DEV_0140] NVIDIA NV43
[DEV_0144&SUBSYS_18891043] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600
[DEV_0148&SUBSYS_185A1043] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600
[DEV_0166&SUBSYS_18891043] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400
[DEV_0167&SUBSYS_188A1043] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200
[DEV_0168&SUBSYS_19281043] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400
[DEV_0247&SUBSYS_C0281631] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100
[DEV_0298&SUBSYS_14921043] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS
[DEV_01D7&SUBSYS_14411043] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300
[DEV_01D8&SUBSYS_C0221631] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400
[DEV_0397&SUBSYS_14421043] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7700
[DEV_0398&SUBSYS_14401043] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
[DEV_039B&SUBSYS_14481043] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 SE
[DEV_0407&SUBSYS_15151043] NVIDIA NB8P-GS
[DEV_0425&SUBSYS_15141043] NVIDIA NB8P-SE
[DEV_0428&SUBSYS_15131043] NVIDIA NB8M-SE

* nvamb.inf supports 18 models:
[DEV_00C0] NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS
[DEV_00C8] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800
[DEV_0140] NVIDIA NV43
[DEV_0144] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600
[DEV_0148] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600
[DEV_0166] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400
[DEV_0167] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200
[DEV_0168] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400
[DEV_0247] NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100
[DEV_0298] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS
[DEV_01D7] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300
[DEV_01D8] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400
[DEV_0397] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7700
[DEV_0398] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
[DEV_039B] NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 SE
[DEV_0407] NVIDIA NB8P-GS
[DEV_0425] NVIDIA NB8P-SE
[DEV_0428] NVIDIA NB8M-SE

Support and Disclaimer

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread

Please make use of the Quickstart Guide for installation, the Forums Search function and Frequently Asked Questions before asking any questions.

If you still have a general question and/or problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

All NVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Additionally, reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Driver size and MD5 numbers may not be accurate due to the driver being repackaged and post not updated.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Installed these drivers on my Asus 8800GTS with the modded inf.

When installing my screen turns black (I waited 2-3 min and hit enter so it rebooted)

They are working perfectly on my card, but I can no longer run DirectX10 stuff :\

Wahoo, works with AGP!

Using this driver now on my Laptop with Go5200 32M, and my desktop with 6800LE 128M

Waaaahooooooo!!!! These drivers are unbelievable!!!! I got in 3dmark 2003 the score: 8238!!! (XP score was: 8387, and older Vista drivers: 7159)There drivers really boost my system speed!!! :) :P :P :)

GOOD POINTS:

Aero now fully working on laptop's Go5200

BAD POINTS:

Performance worse on desktop's AGP 6800LE

UAC problems on laptop - screen freezes until i press enter

Still has the lid closing/opening problem on my Sony :)

--

bedrock

I have come up with the conclusion that it isn't your card, nor the drivers that is/are the problem with the computer not resuming out of standby mode. It can be your bios, or the fact that the pc is a sony and the type of motherboard you are using. But don't take my word for it. My laptop has never given me that problem at all and i have went days with out using my laptop and leaving it in standby and even hybernation mode and it resumes fine like if it wasn't in either mode.

Drivers are fantastic.

I don't have anything to say about performance yet, but first off: I didn't need to use a modified INF, since it supported most of the GeForce GO cards right away.

Second: I finally got to use the "enable old control panel" registry tweak, which finally works without crashing rundll.exe (and in turn, makes the control panel entirely inaccessible without running the control panel manually via its exe).

Still, it's very feature-thin, and is missing all of the features except the minimum, like multi-monitors, color correction, and 3D application settings. Cooling/Temperature/Overclocking, advanced settings, etc, are all missing. Same goes with the aspect ratio alterations, which I really need.

I'm just glad I can use the old control panel, though.

Edit2: Okay I needed some additional settings from the coolbits tweaks. Adding them caused the crashing control panel issue once again, so I tried to revert it by going into the registry and deleting the entire "nvtweak" tree.

I figured it's a last-ditch effort short of a reinstall... but hey! I opened up the classic panel once again, and... I see *some* of the coolbit tweaks!

The reason for the crashes is the missing features in the drivers. If someone can write up a new coolbits registry tree keyfile, then people would likely find some use from it. But from my instructions, you should be good to go.

Still missing the ability to change render-ahead frames.

Edit3: Eh, okay after applying settings and attempting to go back, the control panel is missing again. I'm not really going to bother, since the classic one didn't offer additional features in the first place.

Edited by strider

:) We always appreciate those "not-1-sentence-comments"

:)

I have come up with the conclusion that it isn't your card, nor the drivers that is/are the problem with the computer not resuming out of standby mode. It can be your bios, or the fact that the pc is a sony and the type of motherboard you are using. But don't take my word for it. My laptop has never given me that problem at all and i have went days with out using my laptop and leaving it in standby and even hybernation mode and it resumes fine like if it wasn't in either mode.

Maybe it is BIOS problem and Sony will update the BIOS when Vista is finally release next week. But it is strange that the standard driver from MS Vista install DVD version 96.86 is working fine.

And it's not actually coming out of standby that is the problem, if i go into full standby and then resume everything is ok, it's just if i close lid, then immediately open it again is when i get problem, closing lid makes lcd go black (windows is still running) but opening does not turn lcd back on :)

I have to hit power button to go into stndby and then hit power button again to turn lcd back on.

--

bedrock

Forceware 100.30 were good, these are even a bit better :)

The performance is getting closer and closer to XP, there is no longer any major performance hit in Vista, which was a big concern a while ago.

As for the actual performance, 3DMark scores are now very close to XP (~3470 vs ~3520). I've also been running other gametests, see my sheet here: http://folk.ntnu.no/beckwith/filer/Comparison.xls .

Those were based on the 100.30 drivers, but some prelimenary tests show that the 100.40 perform a few percent better than 100.30. I will update the sheet as I do more tests with 100.40, but, as I said, first results are promising :)

performance is good, fine, but where's functionality ?!!!

these drivers are for Go cards, but there's no PowerMizer tuning, not over/under-clocking, etc...

control-panel is almost empty... :)

Maybe it is BIOS problem and Sony will update the BIOS when Vista is finally release next week. But it is strange that the standard driver from MS Vista install DVD version 96.86 is working fine.

And it's not actually coming out of standby that is the problem, if i go into full standby and then resume everything is ok, it's just if i close lid, then immediately open it again is when i get problem, closing lid makes lcd go black (windows is still running) but opening does not turn lcd back on :)

I have to hit power button to go into stndby and then hit power button again to turn lcd back on.

--

bedrock

Well then what i would suggest of you to do, is to set up your laptop so that when you do close the lid, the laptop goes into standby, instead of it just turning the screen off. But that is totally up to you. I don't have that problem so i really wouldn't know exactly how to help you, can only make suggestions. but you should just try setting the lid closing function to put the system into standby :)

I have 100.51 ForceWare Drivers...

only 29.8MB compressed (82.6MB Uncompressed)

Will install them NOW and see how they work...

EDIT:

They work Great... Now to play some Games... lol

Edited by wolvorine4424

Wolvorine, are they also missing the other control panel features?

I figure I'll wait for final drivers so I can get those features back... unless if the 100.51s have everything back. :)

But apparently no nView in them. So that probably means still minimal features?

yup these drivers dont seem to have any of the cool control panel features like smartdimmer, etc. I can't wait until Sony release a driver that will allows users of sony laptops to dim the screen! somebody said in another forum that a bios update might be needed to do this under vista?

• 3 months later...
Guest Bharat Patel

I used this driver for my NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX card in order to play world of warcraft at higher framerate and I must admit I've had great results with a jump from 5-10 fps to 60+ fps, but now i have few other issues. the first being Oblivion will not play, the game simply closes down. The 2nd is any video i try to play seems to have some clipping occurring. Finally in WoW, i have noticed jumps from 60fps to around 35fps back to 60 every 2 to 3 seconds, though its not a major problem it still causes clipping during my game play much like my videos which gets annoying. I was just wondering if anyone might know a fix of some sort,i'll admit i know very little about this entire matter so any input would be helpful, thanks to any help in advance.

• 1 month later...
Guest Aspire 9305 (2gb)

Finally new 7300 go drivers! Woot.

whatever happened to the good ol days of : download, double click, run install, Finished. Drivers updated.

or did that never work? ;P

How long before a new driver version comes out that incorporates the old 'control panel' style of Nvidia settings and all of its associated 'desktop graphics card' options? Or will this never happen and you will always need a secondary 'tweak' programe?

Yes i am a NOOOOOB.

thanks

Guest Guest
yup these drivers dont seem to have any of the cool control panel features like smartdimmer, etc. I can't wait until Sony release a driver that will allows users of sony laptops to dim the screen! somebody said in another forum that a bios update might be needed to do this under vista?

dude, that blows....

I thought all laptops came with a simple keyboard function that allowed you to dim or brighten the screen to conserve battery life..

:) :) :P :P :rofl: :thumbsup: