LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Offtopic chat from topic33

mattias

T.L.F. whats operating system do you have installed, is it Vista ? never seen that type of software before.

ps. nice guide. (if you dont understand after this detailed guide, you`ll never understand).

Edited by mattias

It's just XP with a new visual style (NOT THEME!). Thanks for the comment too.

It's just XP with a new visual style (NOT THEME!). Thanks for the comment too.

excuse, but what do you mean with "NOT THEME" ? (my english is ..........).

where did you get this version of XP.

Its XP home but with a new Visual Style. You know when you right click your desktop and go to properties and you can change the theme? Thats what im talking about. Lets not get that off topic though k...

theme/s, yes now i know, in swedish TEMA or TEMAN. i`ll try it.

Never trust someone that has such a poor icon sorting capabilities... :)

It's not moron proof... if someone doesn't understand the quickstart guide... they are likely to download driver 96.77 for Vista eventhough they have a vanilla Windows XP.

Meh...There are still people out there that might not understand the quickstart guide. And I doubt that anyone would be stupid enough to download a Vista driver for XP.

And BTW, my desktop is usualy much cleaner :)

And I doubt that anyone would be stupid enough to download a Vista driver for XP.

<voice = James Earl Jones>Do not underestimate the power of the human stupidity.</voice>

Usually I say that whatever idiot proofing you can imagine be sure that a new generation of improved idiots will spawn. The worst example was on prototypes I developped for the industry... operator would spend literally hours trying to guess the passwords when the equipment was not producing... they would try to activate a screensaver that would eat all the system ressources. (back in '98 3D marquee was a real pita)

In the end you take the operator level even lower than the default Windows guest user.

Meh...There are still people out there that might not understand the quickstart guide. And I doubt that anyone would be stupid enough to download a Vista driver for XP.

And BTW, my desktop is usualy much cleaner :)

its never bad to help people who maybe have some doubts about forceware installation. i thought the guide was excellent. keep on with the good job T.L.F.

Edited by mattias

• 4 weeks later...

Uploaded those screenshots to our server and did a PNG to JPG transition.

:)

I just hope a few people come and look at these threads before posting about it :)

I just hope a few people come and look at these threads before posting about it :)

Your faith about humans never stops to impress me... I'm more "Build something that even morons can use... and only morons will use it" or "Build something idiot proof and a new generation of idiots will spawn". :)