LaptopVideo2Go Forums

p100-217 go7900gs instead of go7600 (possible?)

JuliUS

hi, I have a chance to buy a geforce go7900gs from broken Toshiba p100 series. Right now i got Toshiba p100-217 with go7600, so my question is: is it possible to install this 7900 instead of miine 7600? offcourse those two card are not MXM cards but they have the same "connection port" build-in on board. I am not sure if i.e. there can be a problem with a bios (i mean i'm not quite sure if go7900 will be detected by my bios or sth.) in my laptop couse the series of p100 with go7600 are PSPA3E and those with go7900 are PSPA6E. If anyone knows could help i'll be gratefull :) thx

• 2 weeks later...

It might be worth a shot if you know the card isn't fried. I don't think it would be too much of a problem... You might want to look around the MXM forum on tips on swapping out cards and the such.