LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia Geforce Go 6600 - not working in vista

Guest Håkon Jacobsen

Guest Håkon Jacobsen

Hello there!

When I installed Vista Premium I discovered that I had to find a driver for my GPU (geforce Go 6600 - 128mb)

I've tried several drivers that I found in this forum, but none seems to work:

8861: My screen goes black when vista loads. Had to restart and roll back driver

7970: Everything seems to be working fine, except that vista cannot "find" my GPU in the

"windows experience index". It says that I have only got a "Standard VGA Graphics adapter".

And IF it finds my GPU - it can not find how much memory my GPU has - it says 0 mb.

My system is:

Aopen 1559 (the typical "build-yourself-version" where you order a barebone and tells the store what parts to put in)

Geforce Go 6600 - 128mb (can't find any device ID I think. This I found in "properties":

pci\ven_10de&dev_0148

Driver version 7970

Last Useable Driver Version: none in vista

Operating System: Windows vista Home premium

I hope this is enough information for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a go6600 128mb here, have used 100.59 32bit with mostly no problems - only issue was display would not turn back on after lid is closed.

Issue was resolved after going back to Toshiba Series 90 OEM Vista driver (this may or may not install, I don't know if they actually check if you have a Toshiba - but try it).