LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Question about running higher resolution than native in Vista

Guest timbo2132

Guest timbo2132

I have a stupid program that REQUIRES that I run in 1280x1024. It sucks - my Display is stuck at 1280x800.

In XP, I could go into the old style control panel to the resolution page, and add new custom resolutions. That worked great.

My computer is a Dell XPS M1210 with the GeForce GO 7400 (NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.1) That has 64mb dedicated and 355MB total. The laptop also has a 2.33Ghz Core 2 Duo, with 2 Gigs of 667 Ram, just in case ya wanted to know. I got Vista last week, it's the Ultimate version.

In vista, all the drivers I've tried do not have this setting. My laptop screen is showing up as "Generic PnP Monitor", and the "show resolutions this device can display" box is grayed out. I've tried out a few drivers. Microsoft's drivers obviously have no settings at all. Dell's is DriverVer = 12/07/2006, 7.15.10.9746

That has new style conrol panel only, the classic panel is there, but nothing in it, new control panel only does color correction and 3D settings.

Then I tried DriverVer = 01/16/2007, 7.15.11.0054 on here, same thing, but no classic control panel at all.

Right. Then I tried a 97.54 on here. Same thing as the Dell Drivers. Dang.

Is there a way to define my own custom resolutions?