LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vista official release today

mobilenvidia

Today is the offcial day that Vista is released to the masses.

For those that want to upgrade to this new OS there is one thing to consider.

If you have anything lower than a 5x00 based GPU forget upgrading, upgrade your hardware first.

VISTA is for 5x00 and higher GPU's, this is also the minimum for AERO effects.

You'll probably will just get Code 43 errors when trying to install a driver.

Vista probably hasn't got build in drivers either, the best you'll get is VGA mode, which is EXTREMELY slow.

You have been warned, there seem to be a few questions on people trying to install drivers with old GPU's.

The whole reason I upgraded from my GF2go was to be able to test Vista.

I'm building a gaming destop soon. Just something to continue where this laptop ends. Cause alienware suddenly decided not to continue the persuit for a higher GPU for my and alot others, system config. Which really sucks, cause we gotta stick with low frame rates for R6Vegas or drop to 800x600 screen reso. I'm actually considering getting the 8800, probably Dual, cause I got enough cash right now to just get it and get it over with, but I'm still sceptical. Only time will tell :) :P :)

Edited by Area51m-7700

I downloaded the new drivers for Geforce Go from Station Drivers, 97.59 - they are the best drivers I've ever had for Vista. Aero is now really smooth on my notebook.

I downloaded the new drivers for Geforce Go from Station Drivers, 97.59 - they are the best drivers I've ever had for Vista. Aero is now really smooth on my notebook.

That's good, but aero is the least important to me, i just wanna be able to run my games good. One thing about R6Vegas that i don't like, they give you the option to either relay everything on the CPU or the GPU, not both......which sucks cause even though i have a good CPU, vista already kicks it in the arse, and then to add running hardware mapping on it?! :) NOT COOL!!! Lol, i get better frame rates in GRAW