LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Cant overclock Go6800 on 83.20

kajat

Hi all,

Please excuse me for asking something that all you whizzos probably all will reply "Duh, you dummy!" to, but I'm new to all this.

I upgraded the driver for my Go6800 (in Amilo M3438G) to 83.20, but when I try manual overclock at all, it resets to default 325/600.

My VBIOS is 5.41.02.39.49 - Do I need to upgrade this too? If so, can someone please give me some clear instruction on how to do that. (bearing in mind the M3438G has no floppy drive)

Also my 3DMark2005 is currently at a little over 1000, but average framerates = FEAR-55, Doom3-47, HL2-19, COD2-9

I know this is a seperate question, but I'm sure it's related: Why such high FR in FEAR/DOOM , but abysmal in COD2 with minimal settings?

Many thanks in advance. I would really appreciate some guidance.

Edited by kajat

My VBIOS is 5.41.02.39.49 - Do I need to upgrade this too? If so, can someone please give me some clear instruction on how to do that. (bearing in mind the M3438G has no floppy drive)

Also my 3DMark2005 is currently at a little over 1000, but average framerates = FEAR-55, Doom3-47, HL2-19, COD2-9

You lose 70% of performance with that old VBios.

You need this: http://www.amilo-forum.de/download.php?id=673

83.60 is a happy overclocker.

You lose 70% of performance with that old VBios.

You need this: http://www.amilo-forum.de/download.php?id=673

83.60 is a happy overclocker.

OK I managed to update the VBIOS to 39.60 and reinstalled the driver and now get 3750+ on 3DMark05 with framerates on COD2 increased to 35, HL2 increased to 70 and FEAR increased to 176+ WOOHOO!!!!!!

But I still cant OC. Every time I try OC, it resets to default!?!?!?

But I still cant OC. Every time I try OC, it resets to default!?!?!?

Have you tried with RivaTuner ?

Have you tried with RivaTuner ?

Yes, I tried RivaTuner: Same thing. I set the clock speeds, but they just keep reverting to defaults. Riva (same as NV tool) seems to allow OC, but as soon as I close Riva, when I reopen it , the clocks are back at default.

Any more suggestions anyone?

Edited by kajat