LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v100.59 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Is there any vista drivers where the brigthness settings works? I can't adjust it on my quadro fx1500 and its annoying as #¤%.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Area51m-7700

• mobilenvidia

• waldenng

• illmatic

Well, after playing some games,, these drivers perform far worse in games than the 100.54, which seems odd.

Going back to those for now.

I think that is probably because of your hardware, because i have had a huge performance increase using these over the .54 ones. And I don't know if it is working for anyone else but I got ntune to install and work, but i can't overclock the gpu, keeps giving me an error message about the .exe and asks to debug. :)

These drivers rock! :)

Finally broke 9K in 3DMark05. BF2 is now running smooth as silk for the first time under Vista...

RCK

Fist time?.......lol...with your system specs i would have atleast thought it would be running at 1920x1200 with everything on high with these driver.....lol....BF2 has been running like water since 96.86. But I guess it varies from system to system no matter what the specs are :) :)

Most of the previous builds were plagued by of intermittent "stuttering" along with very inconsistent frame rates. Also, powermizer was broken so that resuming from standby killed 3D performance - had to reboot before gaming. With the last few builds I've seen most of these issues corrected, until now the performance and consistency is to the point where it no longer interferes with gameplay. Nothing will kill your in-game experience like a random "stutter" - especially when attempting precision maneuvers in an attack helo. :-)

RCK

Hi,

I have a problem with this driver. When the screen shuts of the power, the only way to get the screen on again is to close the lid and open it again. Anyone have any idea... It has been the same with all of the 100 series driver....

These drivers and the previous version of 100.x cause game crashes in Vanguard unfortunately. I had to revert back to the driver Dell has on their site.

On that note, the Dell driver (unmodified) is also the only driver that doesnt cause a BSOD during install. That is one I cant figure out.

Most of the previous builds were plagued by of intermittent "stuttering" along with very inconsistent frame rates. Also, powermizer was broken so that resuming from standby killed 3D performance - had to reboot before gaming. With the last few builds I've seen most of these issues corrected, until now the performance and consistency is to the point where it no longer interferes with gameplay. Nothing will kill your in-game experience like a random "stutter" - especially when attempting precision maneuvers in an attack helo. :-)

RCK

I have never had any of those problems using Vista and it's drivers when playing BF2, not even in BF2142 :)

So I guess that means I was lucky :P :rofl: :) :P

Well, I was unlucky with these drivers, performance dropped badly!

Going back to 100.54, despite the control panel improvements.

is there any posibility to overclock my geforce go with this drivers? with powerstrip it doesn't word :)

These drivers run about as well for me in Vista as the 100.54 did. The 97.xx drivers provided by Dell had terrible performance issues for me, when I went from the 97 drivers to the 100.54 I saw a 2.5x increase in performance on Lost Coast.

I remember when I was running RC2 of Vista, and any time I tried to benchmark Lost Coast the HDR would not work atall, so I'm very pleased that it was sorted eventually.

Just out of interest, is there anywhere I can find my GPU temperature or anything here?

I'm looking forward to some official 100 series mobile drivers.

Final question - has anyone else noticed a very high pitched sound coming from the left of their XPS M1710 when using Vista? I had this problem in Vista beta 2, RC2 and in Vista. It is very high pitched and very quiet, maybe I just notice it because teenagers notice high pitched noises more easily... I have decided it is probably just that Vista is always using the graphics card (for Aero) unlike XP, it probably did it in my games in XP but obviously I'd have the sound on so wouldn''t hear it.

Edited by llBlackenedll

My area51m-7700 makes that sound as well. It does come from my GPU so i got a custom to hearing it and figured it wasn't anything major. And you are absolutely correct about the xp part, but it's actually always on once the laptop goes on. in XP it's just not as loud. But once you crank a game on it goes into full motion(Loudness?)....it's very faint but high pitched and well.........(loud) all at the same time :) don't exactly know how to explain it :)

Final question - has anyone else noticed a very high pitched sound coming from the left of their XPS M1710 when using Vista? I had this problem in Vista beta 2, RC2 and in Vista. It is very high pitched and very quiet, maybe I just notice it because teenagers notice high pitched noises more easily... I have decided it is probably just that Vista is always using the graphics card (for Aero) unlike XP, it probably did it in my games in XP but obviously I'd have the sound on so wouldn''t hear it.

On my current laptop and also previous one, i often hear a very high pitched noise when doing something like scrolling a web page etc.

I'm glad it's not just me!

It would make sense that Aero would cause this to happen more, because it is more graphically intensive.

The noise you are hearing is a CPU Whine that occurs on most dual core machines due to the way speedstep is utilized in Vista. The same thing occurs in Mac OSX with Core Duo/Core 2 Duo processors. It comes down to power management. When a core is idle you will hear the whine. You do not hear this in Windows XP because XP is always using both cores.

You will generally only hear it when you aren't doing much.

Now, some will have it worse than others obviously, but I assure you Vista is doing nothing to hurt your GPU. I am reluctant to say this but it is not an issue that will be fixed. Apple had to release new motherboards that helped limit the whine but never effectively got rid of it. There was a work around for this on Mac systems utilizing C2D/CD processors, it slightly increased the workload on your CPU(s) to reduce the whine.

Note that the whine dissapears on Mac products in XP but returns in Vista, just as it is in OSX. Now before one of you yells MACS ARE DIFFERENT BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHRABBLERABLLERABBLE, note that they technically are not. There are some minor differences in mac products that make them Mac products, such as a security chip that allows you to use operating system and of course, EFI. Technically speaking, they are now the same as their PC counterparts. This is evident by Boot Camp.

Umm....ok....

Lol, dude, we....well.....I...was talking about a high pitched noise from my GPU, not my CPU, i already know about the CPU one, it occurs in all systems. And it's actually a different kind of "whine" :)

My GPU also makes the high pitched noise, i guess it has something to do with the power management of the GPU, because when you work on battery, the noise will get louder, and when you play a game, the noise is gone for me. so i guess they still need to fix it. The sound is also appearing in XP, but it is almost unhearable.

Yep, couldn't say it better myself............it's almost an exact match to when a television set goes on :)

I have not heard anything outside of the CPU whine coming from my 7900GS, at least nothing audible to me, which is why I made the post I did. You are hearing two different noises? Strange.

I know, but no, i don't get 2 different sounds. I don't get the cpu sound at all actually, Just the one from the gpu. I spoke to alienware and they said that my cpu does infact make an extremely high pitched sound, but only children can hear it and dogs.....lol...made me think of that movie that just came out about the kids seeing things and the parents can't. lol....

But anyways.....to me.....the sound is just there to say "hey, i'm your cpu and or gpu, and i'm doing something that your human brain can't possibly comprehend or understand" :) :)

Hi, i installed the 100.54-driver and after that the 100.59 from this thread with modded .inf.

I've got an XFX 7900GX2.

But it looks like this:

grafikkartentreiber1.jpg

I've updated the driver as shown in this thread:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=11997

What should I do, that all card work?

And i've got problems to play Counter-Strike: Source. It lags all time.

Thank you, and sorry for my english, i'm german.

:)

Edited by garfield012

Vista drivers don't yet have full support for SLI, so that is why one of your GPU's is listing an error.

You should still have one functional GPU until drivers are improved.

Hi, i've got another problem:

It sounds like my 7900GX2 has got the Fanspeed on 100%.

Under XP it went down to 40% after the Windows Boot Screen and the Driver was loaded.

Is there any Chance to get to 40% Fanspeed under the 100.59?

Thx

Ok, I have tried removing the drivers and installing, updating the drivers from the device manager... I keep getting the same thing, no drivers for your device or drivers are already up to date. The drivers loaded are the original vista ones (from August). I have a HP DV8235NR which claims to have a Nvidia GO 7400 gpu. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to update to the 100.59 listed in these forums. I've tried 100.40 as well and got the same thing.