• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Area51m-7700

• mobilenvidia

• waldenng

• illmatic

yes sir, copied and pasted even, instead of drag and drop.

I've been trying to install the driver (100.59) from this page and the necessary modded INF several times on my DELL D800 with NVidia GeForce4 4200 Go adapter on Vista 32bit. Installation is succesful every time, but after restarting the system the driver is not used. Device Manager reports an error "Code 43".

Is this a known issue for the 4200 Go?

Are there other version than the 100.59 that I should use instead?

Thanks

*Martin.

*Martin.

From reading alot of posts, i don't think that anything under a 5xxx go gpu is supported or would even work. But keep asking around, maybe someone can find a way. :) :)

Edited by Area51m-7700

So there's currently no way of getting fixed aspect ratio support under any drivers? Lol, that pretty much limits me to HL2, I think that's the only decent game I have with widescreen support. Any idea when this might get rectified?

same...blast 2142 and their lack of widescreen....anyone know a fix or when the next driver is coming?

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

And another question- do we have any hope of seeing a vista driver that will perform comparably to DX9 games on XP, or will we always be getting the short straw cause vista takes more resources?

Just installed these drivers but seem to be having a problem with having my color settings reset upon restart. Under the device manager the drivers show up as: 7.15.11.59. Is that right or did I install incorrectly?

Thanks for you any help you may provide!

Edited by betazen

By the way, i noticed a serious drop in performance when playing games like Need for speed underground 1 and 2. And the stuttering problem that was resolved when AA is turned on comes back when i play those games.

Also.......don't know if this is huge or not but, i was cruising Alienware's support area last night and saw that they had these same drivers on there. So i figured i'd give it a shot to see if they made any forward steps with them.....and I guess they did.....because after installation and i rebooted, i started up nTune, and i actually got to overclock :) but then the card got fried :P it detected the optimal to be 475, 1235. i have used higher clock speeds than that in XP. but when i booted up R6Vegas, i got error, then black screen......laptop started beeping, and now it won't turn on. Opened it and checked the GPU, FRIED!!!

Good thing alienware is sending me a new card on tuesday.....and for FREE!!! :)

So i guess the moral of this post is.....Don't try to overclock in vista just yet until they say it's ok to do so. :P But atleast it's good to see this all moving forward.

Hi guys,

just wondering if any of you knows about that screen flickering when using vista on my dell M1710 with Go 7900 GTX ???

For example, each time I launch IE, the screen flickers just before the window creation. This just occurs each time I open a new window ... does anybody has the same problem ? I'm using the 100.59 modded driver but this occurs with the 97.59 as well.

anyway thanks for the good work here, the site is really helpfull.

I've never noticed it, try uninstalling the driver then installing it again with the update driver>have disk method. Then again I don't use IE, I use Firefox, though I did have the flickering issue fairly frequently in RC2

I've already tried all that.......never worked, not even if i use a clean fresh new partition. It just never works when i use Home Edition. Normally i would use either 98se, media center, or vista. I'm using home edition right now so i can help people out using remote destop. I do have 98se on my other laptop.......but i might boost that one to vista in a few days. :)

Edited by Area51m-7700

Overclocking is not as yet possible with windows vista :)

Yes it is... it's called nTune but it doesn't work with 100.xx series drivers AFAIK only with 9x.xx

I've been OC'ing my GFX card in Vista for about a month now...

I'm wondering if nTune works for this build...

Edited by luiseargote

Yes it is... it's called nTune but it doesn't work with 100.xx series drivers AFAIK only with 9x.xx

I've been OC'ing my GFX card in Vista for about a month now...

I'm wondering if nTune works for this build...

I have tried OC'ing with the 9x.xx drivers using nTune but nothing, always gives me a black screen, so i gave up on it.

I do apologize however, for posting that incorrect information about OC'ing not being possible in Vista as yet. :) :)