LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Inspiron 9300 video failure

Moebiwan

I've got an Inspiron 9300 with a 6800go 256 and a couple of weeks back the machine locked up and displayed some very odd colors and patterns. Now the machine does not display anything on my laptop display however the display powers up with the machine and Windows does it's boot up then the machine locks just before it gets into Windows. If I connect the laptop to an external monitor it will display it's POST and start to load Windows but locks up. It seems to me that the problem is the video card has failed but any help or info would be appreciated so I might know where to go from here.

M

p.s. I have tried multiple sticks of ram and a secondary hard drive. I'm just hoping this isnt a motherboard issue

• 2 months later...

seems like a gpu problem to me...I guess you could try safe mode eh but if you arent even getting output to your display whats the use

Edited by zzpulp