LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 7700 driver update recommendations

Stoked

Been lurking for a while now, but I need some help in finding a decent driver for my G1.

I have been having issues running WoW. Some of the things I have experienced are texturing issues such as the environment in WoW will have multi colored blocks on the ground, triangular shapes from walls, even had it happen on my dagger. Last night my mount lost all texture and was blocky. It's all kinda weird. In some cases I can alt-tab and go back into WoW and the render or textures will be ok for a little while, but then it will eventually come back. I've noticed it happening more often when I am looking around. Lately, I have had the game crash and it also hard locks my laptop.

I have tried messing with in game video settings: turning of vert sync, turning on triple buffering, reducing resolution, reducing terrain detail. Nothing seems to be helping. I have also monitored the GPU temp, and it is well within limits. I have not overclocked the card or the memory. So I am at a loss.

My only thought is to update the video driver. Has anyone else had this issue?? Can anyone suggest a particular driver to try out?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Stoked

What driver are you using now?

The current driver version is 86.02. The driver date is 7/20/2006. This is what came installed on the laptop.

I also read the thread about blowing out the heat sink with clearner, but I haven't had this computer for more than 3 weeks and it is always stored in my backpack. From what I can see it does not appear to be dirty.

Thanks again for any help.

The texture problems do sound like overheating. You might try updating to one of the newer 9x.xx series drivers, but I'm not sure which one to recommend to you.

Worst case, it's a hardware problem.

• 4 months later...
Been lurking for a while now, but I need some help in finding a decent driver for my G1.

I have been having issues running WoW. Some of the things I have experienced are texturing issues such as the environment in WoW will have multi colored blocks on the ground, triangular shapes from walls, even had it happen on my dagger. Last night my mount lost all texture and was blocky. It's all kinda weird. In some cases I can alt-tab and go back into WoW and the render or textures will be ok for a little while, but then it will eventually come back. I've noticed it happening more often when I am looking around. Lately, I have had the game crash and it also hard locks my laptop.

I have tried messing with in game video settings: turning of vert sync, turning on triple buffering, reducing resolution, reducing terrain detail. Nothing seems to be helping. I have also monitored the GPU temp, and it is well within limits. I have not overclocked the card or the memory. So I am at a loss.

My only thought is to update the video driver. Has anyone else had this issue?? Can anyone suggest a particular driver to try out?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Did you find an updated driver? If so, where and did you need to do anything special to install it?

(I'm running WinXP 32-bit)

• 1 month later...
Did you find an updated driver? If so, where and did you need to do anything special to install it?

(I'm running WinXP 32-bit)

I also need to upgrade my video drivers (Asus G1, running winxp32).

I'm not sure we'll find em though, my G1 shipped with Vista, which makes me think they might only release Vista drivers.