LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TOSHIBA SRS Audio Sandbox for Windows Vista

hazart

TOSHIBA SRS Audio Sandbox looks like the successor to our beloved Toshiba Virtual Sound.

Quoted from the SRS Audio Sandbox Help:

The SRS Audio Sandbox renders surround and stereo output for all sound on your PC, making the most of your listening environment through one simple access point. Since the SRS processing works directly with the actual sound card, it runs more effectively and at a global level, permitting you to have complete control of the sound.

Simply, the SRS Audio Sandbox acts as a sound card "plug in", processing any audio that goes into it before it gets to your speakers or headphones. In order for this to work, applications use the SRS device as its preferred device just like any other sound card. But different...

The SRS device informs applications that you have a surround capable system, even when you only have two speakers or headphones! Set the SRS Audio Sandbox to headphones or speakers and it accommodates the playback instantly for all applications playing audio through the SRS Audio Sandbox.

With a simple and intuitive user interface, SRS brings these benefits to any application that plays audio along with the patented technologies that make SRS a household name in audio.

Working flawlessly on my 4-year old Toshiba laptop with Yamaha AC-XG! :)

RPP: $19.95 @ SRS Store

Note that this version is for Windows Vista only.

Download (for Toshiba PC users): TOSHIBA SRS Audio Sandbox for Windows Vista v1.5.2.0 (direct link, 4471 KB)

post-823-1171124275_thumb.png

SRS_Audio_Sandbox_for_Toshiba_Readme.txt

Edited by ®®®
Shortened link to Toshiba Support site

FWIW, the commercial XP release on the SRS site is Version 1.3.0.0, while Toshiba's Vista version is 1.5.2.0. The XP version doesn't have the CX Xtract feature.

Thanks, Hazart! Fansastic find!

:)

• 2 months later...

Can I install this on any Toshiba with Vista? Because I tried installing it on mine and it installed successfully. When the program ran it would not recognize my hardware and would not work.

Edit: The trial on the SRS website works like a charm and it works wonders. Man, my laptop's sound kicks arse now. Only poblem it's a 15 day trial. Can someone explain how to get this Toshiba one working?

Edited by jessi3k3

Can anyone help me out with this utility? I have a Toshiba P100 and the sound thing I saw in device manager is Conexant High Definition Audio. However after I installed sandbox, it started up and said

"There are no compatible sound cards that the SRS Audio Sandbox can use. Please add a compatible sound card to your system. The control application will now close."

Heres a screenshot of it.

Any help would be appreciated :) !

post-7789-1178779285_thumb.jpg

I have that same problem. The trial version of SRS Audio Sandbox works fine when you install it. You can download it from their website.

• 3 months later...
Guest Philippe

Hi, did you have any luck on finding a nice substitute for Toshiba Virtual Sound? I have the Satellite A105-S1712 and recently installed Windows Vista in it. Lost the (we definetly have to lose it to appreciate it) Toshiba Virtual Sound and installed the "TOSHIBA SRS Audio Sandbox looks like the successor to our beloved Toshiba Virtual Sound." and I'm not completely happy now... I still miss the way that my speakers used to play... hit me back if you have any light for me on this subject.

Philippe

(Brazil)

• 8 months later...

so has anybody came up with a solution or modded files?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chillermillerlong

Use the installation file linked and replace the SRSSSC.exe in C:\Program Files\SRS Labs\Audio Sandbox\ with the linked modded SRSSSC.exe. Make sure you don't launch the program at the end of the installation so you are able to replace the file. :)

Install File:http://adrive.com/public/91e4fd959e17f019530a230e3e2025558a38c8b27dd306d1a2b8376e5ad8fc54.html

Modded SRSSSC.exe:http://adrive.com/public/cfa41e0449cf2cfde6ca5a3a25123f04e576db4827182f050604409c6b403310.html

The download links will never expire.

Hope this works for you!

P.S. This is the latest version:1.9

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Can anyone help me out with this utility? I have a Toshiba P100 and the sound thing I saw in device manager is Conexant High Definition Audio. However after I installed sandbox, it started up and said

"There are no compatible sound cards that the SRS Audio Sandbox can use. Please add a compatible sound card to your system. The control application will now close."

Heres a screenshot of it.

Any help would be appreciated :) !

Same error here, Qosmio G53-AV600 and Sigmatel HD Audio v6.10.5866.0

Edited by ricktendo64