LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce GO xxxx: 800*480 support

Pieter

Dear nVidia mobile GPU experts,

I have'nt bought the laptop yet (but I'm intrested in the Sony Vaio FE41S with a GG7600 GPU). But the problem with buying one for me is the issue that I _NEED_ my external CRT port to be able to output a resolution of 800x480 in order for me to use 7" touchscreens I use in my projects.

Now the target system uses Intel intergrated graphics wich give me all the options I could ever dream about, with the Intel Embedded display drivers and the ability to customize the VBIOS.

BUT I will also use this laptop for private purposes, such as playing games and maybe future 3D interface development wich I'm thinking about. As we all know, Intel sucks in this area. So I need nVidia graphics. But do these chips offer me the option of customizing clock/resolution settings, (well I read the did) even as custom as 800x480?

Edited by Pieter

So I need nVidia graphics. But do these chips offer me the option of customizing clock/resolution settings, (well I read the did) even as custom as 800x480?

Should. Did just 800x480 and it worked OK.